Career Opportunities: Energy Manager (16861)
Vacancy Reference Number 16861 - Posted 11/22/2018 - United Kingdom - Property and Store Formats
This is an excellent opportunity for an Energy Manager to join our Facilities Management team at Dixons Carphone. Reporting into our Head of Facilities Management, the jobholder will define and implement the energy strategy for UK and Ireland stores and support buildings balancing technology benefit and scalability to defined payback requirements and energy reduction targets.
- Be responsible for UK and Eire Energy Management and Legislative compliance including Managing ISO50001 implementation, ESOS, CRC, CDP and MGHG
- Manage all utilities contracts including procurement, Renewal and Purchasing strategy in Line with Group requirements with a total spend of £25m PA.
- Manage the bill validation processes and suppliers.
- Manage all the utilities Supply chain
- Deliver Annual Capex energy improvement projects of Circa up to £1m annual using the agreed supply chain and any other projects such Solar PV installation.
- Produce the Annual UK & Eire Utilities budgets by site level and work with Finance on reporting.
- Support the Group Strategy on Environmental and Energy Policy working with the CSR committee and supporting the Live Earth Neutral Programme
- Manage the delivery of specific energy management projects
You will have:
- Experience in the Energy management sector
- Experience of implementing ISO50001 Energy Management Systems highly desirable
- Excellent understanding of energy/renewable technologies and application use
- Good active network in energy reducing field
- Expert understanding of CRC legislation requirements
- Expert analytical skills to interpret data to make recommendations
- Highly developed communication skills, with a focus on negotiating and influencing ability
- Strong Project Management experience
- Excellent networking and supplier management experience
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.