Reporting to the Head of Reward, the incumbent will be responsible for driving the performance and reward agenda across UK&I (c30,000 employees). This will include colleagues operating within the Curry’s, PC World and Carphone Warehouse brands.
The role holder will be required to understand business issues, develop and manage the UK & Ireland reward strategy, whilst ensuring business frameworks our compliant to regulatory requirements.
This includes providing guidance on employee compensation & benefits to the Reward Consultants and HR Business Partners on an ongoing basis
- Design and implement commercial and compliant reward programs which are market competitive within the UK&I, aligned to the overall business strategy, and adhere to the all regulatory requirements.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to senior business leaders on changes and alignment recommendations to all elements of total reward.
- Support the development of business line compensation structures across all business units; ensuring effective roll out and embedding of existing and new incentive frameworks in line with the cultural change programme.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with HRD’s and other COE HR Specialists to ensure business managers are provided with timely advice on market data, salary recommendations compensation and benefits across the UK&I
- Design and implement guidance around Job architecture, pay structures and job evaluation.
- Manage the market pay benchmarking, and salary survey processes.
- Programme management of key Reward initiatives within the UK & I.
- Manage/implement the effect policies and processes and pro-actively recommend new and innovative approaches and solutions
- Interpret and advise on Reward related policies and act as subject matter expert
- Manage year end processes for the businesses in line with the UK & Ireland Reward Strategy - support and provide quality assurance of pay review process
- Maintain expert specialist knowledge by keeping abreast of published materials, competitor practice, external market developments and trends and legislative and regulatory developments
- Accountable for budget management, planning and expenditure control for HR UK & I reward budget.
- Accountable for creation for Total Reward UK&I process and communications
You will need:
- Managing a specialist function within a large organisation
- Budget control and management of Total Reward initiatives in a complex matrix business
- Strong business acumen with an ability to link business strategy to people practices; ability to apply critical analysis and judgment when reviewing activities
- A very high degree of analytical skills
- Planning and prioritising multiple activities and assignments over a period of 3 to 12 months
- Delivery of projects against agreed timescales and budgets
- Experience of managing internal relationships to ensure the effective delivery of Reward Initiatives
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.