This role has been created to support the development of a Planning CoE; owning and adapting all models used for commercial forecasting for the Services Division. The Planning CoE will also be tasked with building models that do not yet exist. The role holder will be accountable for the preparation of accurate, insightful and timely short, medium and long term forecasts for the Services Division (encompassing CSA, AVS, Mobile Insurance, Repairs and Contact Centres) on behalf of the Services FD and his team. The role holder will work with Services Finance counterparts across all business functions influencing effectively to ensure that forecasts are robust, challenging and meet the targets. The role is based in Acton and will cover all Services Commercial and Operations functions.
- Own, develop and create of all Forecasting, Outlooks, Budgets and Long-terms the Services Division Plans
- Provide key support for the business functions providing insight, updates on progress/timelines and communication with the wider Commercial Finance
- Furnish the business (at all levels) with a continual update on expected performance, symptoms/issues inherent in this performance and solutions for discussion and agreement
- Ensure that all Services functions provide timely assumptions for input into forecasts
- Deal with, support and challenge multiple business owners at senior level within the business. Requires constant interaction with non-finance colleagues.
- Work collaboratively with 4 peers across the Planning & Forecasting CoE
- Support a programme of standardisation, tightening of processes, process optimisation
You will have:
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- An ability to inform and influence senior stakeholders
- Experience within a large retail/services organisation
- An ability to operate in the detail but see the trends and understand bigger picture
- Strong presentation skills both in preparation and delivery of commercial and financial strategic insights
- Good technical accounting skills and strong data and analytical skills
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.