STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 800 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
The Manufacturing Technician Finished Good will work in the Finished Goods team to ensure our products are properly labeled and handled at the appropriate temperature. The Manufacturing Technician Finished Goods will work collaboratively with other areas of Manufacturing and other departments (e.g. Material handling, Quality Control) to ensure products are complete as required. This individual will also be accountable for processing, completing documentation with accuracy, labeling the products and store them in the proper storage condition.
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her organization skills and attention to details, and also look forward to learning an incredible amount on the job. The Manufacturing department is a team based environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed, rewarded and where each individual carry tremendous responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Set up, calibrate, and operate production equipment required for labeling bottles and vials
· Troubleshoot production equipment used in the area to complete work assigned
· Monitor and report on equipment efficiency metrics
· Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement program to review and improve processes
· Label and package in-process materials and finished goods products
· Follow SOP and guidelines for working in assigned tasks
· Safely transfer equipment, materials, and products within different work stations
· Store products in proper storage condition
· Maintain accurate and detailed batch record documentation and line clearance of all processes performed in the area
· Create an environment of safe behavior and Right First Time mindset
· Seek to understand priorities and complete work in a timely manner
· Shift and overtime work may be required
· Minimum High School Diploma required, preference for post-secondary Diploma or Degree
· Experience in utilising Lean Manufacturing and Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) principles is a definite asset
· Experience in Human Machine Interface (HMI) is a definite asset
· Knowledgeable on quality system such as ISO 13485
· Experience in product labelling and packaging
· Experience working in a Cleanroom environment would be an asset
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and team skills
· Ability to balance speed and accuracy requirements
· Physical ability to lift 25-30lbs
· Flexibility in changing assigned tasks as needed
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.