Career Opportunities: Data Protection Coordinator (13465)
Vacancy Reference Number 13465 - Posted 05/09/2019 - United Kingdom - Audit Risk and Compliance
Data Protection Coordinator
Dixons Carphone are looking for a Data Protection Coordinator to ensure company compliance with the relevant legislative requirements including, but not limited to those of the EU Data Protection Directive, GDPR, the Data Protection Acts, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations and the ePrivacy Regulations. You will also be responsible for overseeing all internal business units, related entities and third party data protection compliance.
- Keep abreast of proposed and actual changes in applicable national and EU laws relating to data protection and privacy, assessing their impact on the business and advising departments and committees on them;
- Advise on compliance with relevant national and European law, EDPB, ICO (and other applicable Data Protection authority) guidance, codes and best practice;
- Support the DPO in the performance of their duties;
- Identification of and advice on data protection risks as these relate to Dixons Carphone (DC);
- Involvement at the earliest stage possible in all issues relating to the protection of personal data; advising on privacy by design and default;
- Accessibility and responsiveness in respect of all data protection queries;
- Advise on and identification of data protection risks relating to all major projects proposed or undertaken by the business, including but not confined to risks around supplier relationships, transfer of data to third parties and the completion of PIAs;
- Support the Legal team and advice on applying data processing clauses and agreements and any safeguards applicable to the transfer of personal data outside the EEA;
- Oversee the management and maintenance of all Data Protection-related policies, guidelines and materials. (e.g. Data Protection, SARs, CCTV, data ownership, data retention, customer facing T&Cs);
- Manage, participate in and sign off data protection projects and support the wider GDPR assessment stages.
- Liaise with Data Governance Centre of Excellence colleagues (CoE) providing advice and input; this includes Infosec, Data Management, and IT;
- Undertake data protection audits/impact assessments/health checks;
- Advice, support and liaise with other departments: HR, Finance, IT, Internal Audit, Customer Service, and senior management;
- Providing expert advice and support to the business on all aspects of data protection law, compliance and best practice in the relation to company projects, new products and propositions, outsourcing and partnership arrangements, security issues, data sharing and marketing and customer contact campaigns;
- Assisting with notifications to data protection regulators as necessary
You will need:
- In depth understanding of GDPR and ePrivacy Regulations
- Proven data governance experience.
- Experience of working within a fast-paced, complex environment
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Have experience of delivering high quality reporting.
- Ideally certified in Data Protection (ISEB / BCS / PDP / CIPPe).
- Knowledge of the retail / telecoms sector an advantage
- Degree educated
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.