This is a great opportunity for a someone who is looking to start their career in retail and who is passionate on developing a career within buying, whatever the area. Do you enjoy the art of negotiation? Do have a keen eye for detail? Are you passionate about technology and retail?
The Windows Laptop category is a constantly evolving and fast paced environment, dealing with the leading brands in the technology industry, and is a key category within the Computing department.
The Assistant Category Manager/Assistant Buyer will support the Windows Laptop Category Managers in delivering the budget plan and strategy, demonstrating creativity and a strong understanding of our colleagues and customers to deliver a compelling offer, whilst also having ownership of particular projects and brands.
This market continues to change shape at pace, so the role will offer the candidate an opportunity to demonstrate speed of thought and dynamism in addressing the ever moving needs of our customers.
- Compile previous range analysis of market, customer, competitor and financial performance to generate strategy.
- Work with the category manager to source, setup and market new products and ranges.
- Work with the Merchandising team to develop and deliver a comprehensive Merchandise area strategy that meets our customer needs and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Provide support to the Category Manager to analyse market share and competitor information and present competitor packs highlighting key issues with conclusions and recommended actions.
- Build good supplier relationships by being a key contact for day to day supplier related issues to support the Category Manager.
- Provide support to the Category Manager to compile and update category promotional plans and ascertain with Stock Planner what stock is required to support these plans.
You will need:
- Experience working within a FMCG/Fashion or Hard Goods fast paced retailer.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- To be organised and be able to prioritise workload to deliver tasks in a timely manner
- A pro-active approach
- An eye for detail and accuracy in your work
- Able to communicate with key stakeholders at all levels
- Proven track record of delivering first class results in teamwork
- Eager to learn and develop a varied skill set
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.