Dixons Carphone are transforming as a business with IT taking centre-stage. We are now expanding our in-house Architecture capability and looking for Solution Architects to join us on this journey.
The primary purpose of this role is to define solution architectures that solve a defined business problem whilst aligning to the enterprise architecture strategy. The role will require a Solution Architect who is accomplished and able to define solution architectures within an extremely complex landscape. You will require excellent communication and influencing skills, as you will be required to work with the Lead Solution Architect, Enterprise Architects, Domain Architects, Projects Managers and Heads of Departments within IT and the business.
- Ability to consider, portray and present the options that are available and the ROI and TCO that are associated to these
- Understand the business and IT requirements and write solution architecture documents that clearly articulate what needs to be done
- Ensure that all solution architectures or architectural increments are aligned to the target enterprise architecture, standards and principles
- Collaborate with the programmes and projects and able to translate solutions into formal recommendations so that approval, priority and budget can be gained
- Assist with the transition of projects into delivery teams and help to ensure that knowledge is transferred, and the project is aligned with the solution architecture throughout the delivery process
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working as a solution architect, within a complex technology transformation
- Proven experience of developing credible and practical solution architectures which support the enterprise architecture strategy
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas in a focussed, simple and commercially relevant manner to a senior audience
- Exceptional influencing skills, with the ability to advise and recommend with real credibility
- Proven critical analysis and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work alongside the lead solution architect and the business to develop creative technology strategies for rapidly changing, highly ambiguous challenges and opportunities
- Experienced in clearly articulating and portraying the solution via presentations, workshops and solution architecture documents
- Proficient in business analysis, skills to include the ability to interpret and shape requirements
- An understanding of Application, Data, Infrastructure, Integration, Security, Web Architectures, so that end-to-end solution architectures can be defined
- Retail or mobile telecoms industry experience (bonus)
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.