WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
|Business Support Assistant (Administration)
||1 year (with possible extension)
|Salary will be set in accordance with established SC salary scale in place.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum secondary school education preferably supplemented by a university degree.
- Two or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of administration support, travel management and related fields.
Knowledge and skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work with a team of people from different cultures and background
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the supervision of the Senior Administrative Officer and within the delegated authority, the Business Support Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist the Protocol focal point for the Regional Bureau in organizing travel and Thailand entry visas for staff, visas for spouse, visa for home support and others as needed;
- Assist the designated travel focal point to initiate and prepare trip documents, arrange accommodation for all designated staff and to settle all travel expense claims at completion of trip;
- Assist in organizing meetings and workshops including arranging suitable meeting venue, liaison with the hotel and provide administrative assistance required for the workshop arrangements including but not limited to administrative note, invitation letters, down payment request;
- Assist in updating and maintaining the unit’s mission and leave plan, attendance and leave records of Programme staff and inventory lists;
- Assist with purchase requisitions and micro purchase order for goods and services ensuring correct objects of expenditure, availability of funds and completion of works;
- Support processing and managing routine administrative tasks in various functional areas to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources;
- Perform other related duties as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience in SAP/Wings is an advantage
- Knowledge of UNWFP work routines and methods to complete processes under minimal supervision
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadlind: 28 May 2019 (Midnight Bangkok time)
Only shortlised candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.