WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Date of Issue: 06th February 2019 Closing Date: 19th February 2019
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Analyse and track logistics operational (delivery) pipeline in line with received call forwards / programmatic implementation plans;
- Perform quarterly upstream pipeline analysis based on forecasted requirements and expected arrivals and report accordingly;
- Participate in monthly Pipeline and Resource Mobilization and optimal use/management meetings;
- Prepare Logistics Pipeline Planning Report detailing received call forwards, plans for shipping the allocated cargo tonnages and implementing the delivery plans;
- Providing input regarding funds allocation requirements to ensure budget is assured;
- Review Budget and Programming grants list including restrictions on a weekly basis;
- Monitor donor conditions and report any deviation on monthly basis;
- Update earmarked funds pipeline including requirements, stocks, arrivals and dispatches on a monthly basis;
- Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: Five years work experience in the field of logistics operations.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in performance monitoring and analysing supply chain data related to contracts and shipments, payments, pipeline information, insurance claims and/or food stocks, including trend analysis;
- Experience in budget monitoring and reporting;
- Experience in compiling contract documentation.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.