The Package Electrician is a skilled craftsman that wires up, fabricates, installs, and tests electrical systems according to engineering drawings and specifications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows oral or written instructions from supervisors
- Interprets engineering drawings, plans, and patterns for piping systems
- Accurately marks measurements and shapes on piping materials
- Performs threading operations on screw-pipe according to specifications
- Cuts, trims, and bends rigid and EMT piping components according to specifications
- Moves materials, supplies, and tools to and from work areas
- Inspects own work and completes quality documentation as required
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment
- Can assist with material requisition for electrical components
- Observes all safety programs and safety practices
- Maintains a safe and clean work area
- Performs other duties as necessary
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Material handling equipment (Lift truck, two wheeled truck, carts, etc.)
- Cranes, hoist, screw jacks, hydraulic jacks
- Computer (MS Windows, Excel)
- Manual, power driven, and pneumatic hand tools, electronic engraver, Power saw, cutoff wheel, grinders, hydraulic press, radial drill, arbor press, and threading machine
- Precision measuring instruments, gages, meters
- Ability to be taught how to read micrometers and calipers.
- Handbooks, charts, manuals, specification sheets, operation sheets, setup sheets.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- This position requires the incumbent to stand for extended periods, frequently grasp tools, stoop, crouch, reach, stand, and walk when performing duties; twist and reach.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance and peripheral vision.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Able to work in a non-climate controlled factory environment.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years related experience
Grundfos participates in E-verify and is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer