Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About the business
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- You manage the compliance with and the implementation of REACH (Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemical Substances), CLP (Classification, Labelling and Packaging) and GHS (Globally Harmonized System for Classification and Labelling) of the different sites of the Recycling & Refining activities of the Cobalt & Specialty Materials business unit and the Rechargeable Battery Materials business unit.
- You manage the EU REACH (Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemical Substances) for part of the product portfolio.
- You manage the implementation of REACH at the workplace.
- You assist in international chemical registrations to assure global product compliance.
- You will be responsible for the response to internal and external customers on product regulatory related questions to provide correct information regarding product safety and to support internal stakeholders in customer service.
- You manage the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and product labels to properly communicate product safety information to internal and external customers and to release products in accordance with the applicable legislation and directives.
- You will represent Umicore in REACH consortia and SIEFs (substance information exchange forums) with the goal to defend the company’s interest.
- You are a member of the Product Stewardship team and you interact regularly with colleagues from CSM & RBM (purchasing, sales, logistics) and Corporate EHS.
- You report to the Global Product Stewardship Manager for CSM and RBM.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a master’s degree in a scientific field (e.g. chemistry, biomedical science, environmental science).
- You have good knowledge of European product regulations and in particular REACH and CLP. Experience with international product regulations is a plus.
- You are fluent in English (oral and written), knowledge of Dutch is preferred.
- You can work independently, you are strong in project management and have a good sense for prioritization.
- You are able to handle a wide stream of information and you are accurate in data collection.
- You are able to deal with multiple issues in parallel and unexpected changes and you are solution-driven and decisive.
- You are a team player and you are customer service minded.
- You spontaneously take the lead in projects and multi-disciplinary group meetings.
- You are an excellent and convincing communicator.
- You are an enthusiastic and self-motivated person, able to easily build networks of contacts inside and outside the company
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my/our leadership/team can recycle spent batteries, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?