We offer you a chance to join Oticon Medical for an exciting opportunity based at our office in Sophia Antipolis, close to Nice in Southern France.
It will be your responsibility to drive development of novel concepts for Cochlear Implant (CI) surgery planning and surgery assistive tools. The work will be executed in very close collaboration with our clinical partners across the world using an iterative co-design approach. You are to project manage small internal technology development teams to deliver prototype tools for pre-clinical and clinical studies with partners and you will ensure smooth transfer of promising and proven concepts to our product development teams.
You proactively define and develop novel CI surgical planning and assistive tools with key partners
As the Technology Project Manager for CI surgery planning and assistive tools, your role will be to proactively define and develop novel concepts that support our business needs. The concepts are developed and proven through pre-clinical and clinical studies in close collaboration with key CI clinical partners across the world.
You have a research background and have developed strong project and stakeholder management skills in your career in a Class III medical device implant company. You have a good understanding of challenges in active implant surgery and the need for solutions that can help the surgical team maximize outcome for each patient despite large inter-subject anatomical variability.
The position is preferably based at our CI Oticon Medical HQ in Sophia Antipolis, at the French Riviera or at the Oticon Medical facilities in Smørum, Denmark. You will be part of the Oticon Medical global Research & Technology development team and will report to the head of Research & Technology Development. You will be supported by our global CI Clinical affairs team on aspects of clinical studies.
Summed up, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- With key partners define, develop and do proof of novel concepts for CI surgical planning and assistive tools
- Project manage technology development teams
- Ensure stakeholder management and alignment of concepts to business needs
- Support pre-clinical and clinical studies with clinical partners
- Support our marketing function in communication of results
- Support partners in scientific publication of results
- Present study results at relevant fairs, conferences and Oticon Medical symposia
You can expect 30-40 days of business travel per year.
An expert in CI surgery planning and assistive tools with a drive for bringing concept to live in products
We would hope you bring in the following qualifications:
- At least 5years of experience from technology project management in a medical device company, preferably in the active implantable device domain
- PhD or similar experience in implantable medical device research & technology domain, preferably related to surgical assistive- or planning tools
- Experience with (per-surgery) electrophysiological measures is considered a plus
- Experience with CI surgical planning from cochlear image data is considered a plus
- Experience with designing and preparing pre-clinical and clinical research studies of medical devices is a plus
- Good communication skills, speak and write English proficiently
- Strong drive to bring new concepts to products
We believe that the best results come from a fruitful team effort, and it is important that you consider yourself as a team player who finds it inspiring to discuss challenges with colleagues, but who can also initiate and conduct tasks independently. You like to get things done. We have an informal and creative atmosphere where mutual respect is pivotal, and we strive for the common goal.
You have a scientific approach, and you also acknowledge the business point of view. You are pragmatic, have an eye for detail but never lose the overview.
Even if you don’t have all competences and experiences above, we would like to hear from you! There will be possibilities for the less experienced candidate to grow with the tasks, given the right mindset.
We believe in the good life
Oticon Medical offers many challenges in an international organization full of energy and expertise. The right candidate will learn very much in a short time span, since you will have the opportunity to work with all aspects of clinical studies. Personal and professional development is the foundation for the growth of our business.
We create solutions that allow people to live their lives to the fullest. We also recognize in order to bring energy and inspiration to work, you need to re-energize and spend time with family, friends and hobbies in a healthy work life balance.
About Oticon Medical
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. We are part of the William Demant Group - one of the world’s largest groups of hearing health care companies with more than 13,000 employees worldwide and revenues of over DKK 13 billion. We share a close link with Oticon and have direct access to the latest advancements in hearing research and technologies. Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. By working collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals, we ensure that every solution we create is designed with user needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them. Because we know how much sound matters.