Sulzer Ltd. specializes in pumping solutions, rotating equipment maintenance and services as well as separation, reaction, and mixing technology in over 180 locations worldwide. In the group functions, at our head office location in Winterthur, Switzerland, highly qualified specialists in various disciplines work for the benefit of all our divisions.
Data Privacy Officer
Reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Officer, your main responsibility will be to set up and maintain a global data privacy program within Sulzer. In this role you will ensure that applicable data privacy and data protection regulations are considered within daily tasks or projects. You will closely work with different stakeholders such as IT, Information Security and Legal / Compliance and act as the main contact person for data privacy topics.
Your Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establish and implement a data privacy program which includes a global assessment of data privacy relevant assets (systems, applications, etc.), identify gaps and potential risks especially in regards to the European data privacy legislations, identify and develop mitigating actions with relevant teams (e.g. IT, Legal, etc.)
- Asses data privacy implications for new projects and initiatives (project approval processes)
Analyze, assess and monitor relevant legislations and regulations (changes) and translate into actionable guidance for business and IT
Act as the global contact person for any data privacy related questions
Perform trainings and create educational material about data privacy
Perform data privacy audits
We are looking for a person with a legal (data privacy) background and strong IT knowledge or a person with IT background with a strong data privacy knowledge.
- Have solid understanding about IT and information security
- Have a deep understanding about global data privacy regulations with a focus on European legislations
- Hands on experience in a similar position
- Specific education in data privacy are a plus
- Degree in Computer Science, legal or related field
- Good communication skills in English