Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Nature Research is looking for a Marketing Manager to join a dynamic team and lead the marketing efforts for a growing and commercially successful program of new and multi-year events.
The Manager will partner closely with our Nature Conferences, Naturejobs and other sales and marketing teams to produce full marketing campaigns for domestic and international conferences and events.
- Develop an overall conferences marketing strategy; produce and execute individual marketing plans for each conference to ensure that delegate target numbers for each event are met
- Develop and test a range of marketing communications tools to maximize the reach, effectiveness and relevance of Nature Conferences promotion
- Work with Head of Conferences and marketing colleagues to develop effective messaging that builds on brand values and event propositions
- Analyze the effectiveness of campaigns and report against agreed KPIs on campaign performance
- Provide regular reporting (including recommendations for future campaign adaptation) on marketing results and provide data-driven market intelligence into sales and product teams
- Be an internal expert on event marketing and the platforms/tools used to optimize response rates
- Liaise with external partners where required and build strong customer relationships
- Proactively develop knowledge of existing and emerging competitors, their services and audience engagement strategies
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience of B2B marketing including the ownership, planning and execution of campaigns targeting delegate recruitment.
- Sophisticated understanding of integrated digital marketing campaigns techniques including email marketing, web user journeys, social media, pay per click campaigns, programmatic advertising and the interlinking of these channels
- Excellent written communication skills, including experience of producing accurate and effective copy, proof-reading and producing creative campaigns in a digital context
- Able to balance priorities and demonstrate a calm and professional approach when working to deadlines; pro-active and results-driven
- A commitment to developing marketing best practices; analytical mind-set enabling the testing and measuring of different marketing tools
- Strong inter-personal skills – committed to building collaborative and effective working relationships both internally and externally; open communication style and a commitment to teamwork
- Willingness to learn, understand and apply new processes and technologies. Innovative and creative in approach.
- Broad understanding of commercial client expectations, budget cycles and spend.
- Undergraduate degree (ideally in publishing, business or communication/marketing) or equivalent industry experience
- Professional marketing experience preferred
- 3+ years conference marketing, preferably in the publishing or life sciences sector
- Proven track record of contributing to successful marketing and social media campaigns, working within budget and focusing on proven analytics and reporting
- Ability to travel internationally as required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.