Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
- Pursues an active and efficient acquisitions policy in the Engineering subject area through correspondence, required meetings/trips, telephone, consultations with advisors, etc. Approximately 20%-40% travel as well as strong initiative and independent functioning is required in this position.
- Prepares and executes publishing contracts in regard to US product.
- Maintains and develops a circle of reviewers and advisors and evaluates their judgments.
- Maintains continuous cooperation and dialogues with marketing, promotion and production concerning individual projects as well as general questions of mutual interest.
- Maintains communication with US and European editorial counterparts about specific immediate questions as well as long term strategy questions. Works with various branches in coordination of the international program.
- Supervises final editorial preparation of manuscripts for production.
- Discusses, assumes and proposes financial and budgetary plans for program. Ensures that financial reports, status reports, budget forecasts, etc., can be made on the basis of readily available material.
- Develops guidelines, plans, reporting systems, etc., to implement publishing plans. Maintains current status of all projects in the program via reporting system.
- Reviews and discusses new projects and plans with editorial colleagues particularly in overlapping areas.
- Monitors staffing requirements and trains and develops staff.
- Any other duties as required by manager.
- College degree, advanced degree in the specific subject area preferred.
- Experience as an editor or related editorial/publishing experience highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster: