We are looking for ...
satis&fy is a full service Event Production Services and Rental Company specializing in the One Stop Solution located in Hillsboro, OR and now in
Brooklyn, NY. We write our own rulebook. We respect our team. We respect the history, and the process. Above all else, we respect the project. We’re a
team – a team of enthusiasts that sacrifice, revel, and grind. We understand success doesn’t just show up in the mail, or appear in your inbox – you have
to show up, acknowledge, improve, and challenge yourself. This will make you stand out. The path to success isn’t always the most scenic, but it’s our path
– a path guided by the light of our client’s needs and their visions. We advocate for them, love their brand, and work towards their success.
satis&fy Common Values
be dependable – be accountable – respect – be open, honest and fair – never ending ambition to improve – can do attitude – do the right thing –
responsibility – reach for perfection – make decision and take action – say what you mean – praise everyday – criticism is good – sustainability –
innovation – eficiency and service – what does the project want?
Step up to the challenge!
We invite you!
We are expanding our team. Effective immediately, our Portland location is looking for a
Operations Manager - Organizational Development
Functions (job description)
The Operations Manager is a senior role responsible for a multitude of different tasks related to different areas with the goal that satis&fy Portland and New York branches are running as well as possible, with a smooth, effective and efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of satis&fy’s clients. The individual will be involved with various areas, not limited to general operations but also internal insurance, facility, quality management as well as organizational development issues. Within this position, this person will take part in the management of changes and the implementation of structures and new processes necessary to foster business success and achieving overall business goals set by the Managing Director Portland/ New York.
Next to securing the quality of the specific branches, this individual should examine the dynamics within the internal teams and work to ensure that they are maximizing employee productivity. The work will be divided into project related and reoccurring tasks as listed below. Please note this is not a comprehensive list of all tasks or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. These tasks and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position within the organization
The Operations Manager is a self-driven position and will be responsible for organizing daily tasks and setting priorities. This person will coordinate closely with the Managing Director, HR and Corporate Development. He or she will maintain a good working relationship with all employees and help foster a cooperative working environment in conjunction with the leadership team. As a senior role, this person will also be responsible for projecting a good image of our company externally and internally to promote our objectives. This individual will also be pro-actively identifying potential problems, developing appropriate solution in cooperation with stakeholders and communicating results to local and global management.
- Appoint or assume captainship role for all operational company rollouts. Ensure branch wide adoption of new process and procedures is completed with enthusiasm.
- Follow up at appropriate intervals to ensure new system capabilities are being utilized
- Project management over a wide range of projects and disciplines/ non-Event related
- Interfaces with Global Operations team
- Streamlining new and existing operational processes
- Focus on internal processes, ensuring the quality and building the appropriate infrastructure for the branch
- Increase of efficiency and effectiveness of business processes
- Work with executives across multiple functions concerning Change Management Processes
- Constant communication across all functional areas to ensure alignment and progress against agreed goals
- Interfaces with Corporate Development team
Insurance (as far as the structure and competence not available at local functional departments)
- Maintain adequate insurance for all business operations including, but not limited to logistics, liability, employee health
- Request bids and research all insurance lines for competitive pricing at reasonable intervals (yearly)
- Provide Certificates of Insurance (COIs) for venues and clients, as a prerequisite of entering business agreements
- Ensure all due diligence is completed prior to engaging in any service or property contracts that ensure PDX and NY are paying competitive rates and receiving competitive service
- Safety and Compliance of the facilities in conjunction with HR
- Ensure satis&fy brand standards are maintained and office supply routine is followed
Desired qualifications (knowledge and skills)
- Bachelor degree in operations or business
- 5-8 years of experience in a similar job. Preferably in the event business
- Understanding and ability to work with different cultures
- Experience working in international companies
- Experience managing branch expansions
- Excellent speaking and writing in English
- Ability to travel as needed domestically and internationally
- Masters degree or further study in a relevant topic e.g. in Organizational Development or Organizational Psychology
- 5-10 years of experience in similar job
Exciting tasks in a growing and innovative field, the freedom to put your ideas into action and make the most of your potential, an excellent team that is
fun to work with, flat hierarchies and the challenges that come with working in a global enterprise.