We are looking for ...
satis&fy, as one of the leading international full-service production companies, specializes in planning and delivering technical support for professional
events and trade shows. We have served clients in diverse industries at home, abroad and around the world for more than 20 years. Besides the classical
services such as Lighting, Audio, Video, Rigging, Staging and Logistics our portfolio includes Exhibit Construction, Furniture, Event Design, Graphics,
Display and Inventory, too. We have our own workshops and programming studios.
We are always on the lookout for creative minds who put their heart and soul into what they do. We're looking for friendly, engaged people who bring a
deep commitment, love of detail, imaginative spirit and a sense of humor to their jobs, and never lose their composure under pressure.
satis&fy Common Values
Be Dependable-Be Accountable-Respect-Be Open, Honest, and Fair-Never Ending Ambition to Improve-Can Do Attitude-Do the Right Thing-
Responsibility-Reach for Perfection-Make Decision and Take Action-Say what you mean-Praise Everyday-Criticism is Good-Sustainability-Innovation-
Efficiency and Service-What Does the Project Want?
We are expanding our team. Effective immediately, our Portland, OR location is looking for a
Essential Job Functions
- Follow instruction from Shop Manager
- Follow daily space planning for warehouse
- Daily labor planning including the use of freelance carpenters
- Assigning work duties and monitoring those work duties to maintain schedules
- Overseeing all applicable department rules and regulations and keeping within the department budget
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent cabinetmaker and carpentry skills
- Excellent joinery skills
- Willingness and Ability to work in a team
- Help out with additional tasks, including loading trucks, cleaning shop, and cleaning warehouse as needed to maintain an organized work environment
- Read blueprints, drawings, sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Accurately take measurements through a number of methods, calculating the size and amount of material needed
- Cutting, shaping, and smoothing lumber and other material according to measurements.
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated
- Inspect and conduct repairs
- Build scaffolding or other structures
Additional Job Functions
- Order material and equipment when needed
- Work with sales team on job requirements
- Maintain documentation and quality system requirements
- Ensure the attainment of all production productivity goals
- Adhere to production budget
- Monitor volume of production, record material usage and requirements
- Perform any related task requested by Shop Manager
- Good understanding of basic math
- Excellent Understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years in cabinet/wood shop management
- Must be able to train and coach staff on a regular basis
- Must be able to provide written reports and feedback
- Must be organized, detail oriented and team driven
- Must be flexible and adaptable to constant change
- Prior experience managing a wood or paint shop
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Must have a valid drivers license with a clear driving record/must be able to drive a 16' and 24' truck
- Ability to operate forklift w/ minimum 2 years experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Exciting tasks in a growing and innovative field, the freedom to put your ideas into action and make the most of your potential, an excellent team that is
fun to work with, flat hierarchies and the challenges that come with working in a global enterprise.
We look forward to receiving your full application including salary requirements at: www.satis-fy.com/jobs or directly by clicking „apply now“ right here.