Main purpose of role:
To support the project manager in the efficient and effective delivery of individual work packages; from launch through to on site delivery. To liaise closely with key functions including HS&W, procurement, commercial and engineering to enable delivery in line with LM requirements and HS2 KPIs.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Responsibility for successful delivery of the work package from launch through to delivery
- Deliver package works in compliance with client expectations, LM objectives and KPI systems
- Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
- Co-ordination of construction staff on work packages
- Close liaison with Senior Project Manager with regards to work package progress and any potential obstacles
- Responsibility for work package construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
- Overall performance management of subcontractors.
- Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets.
- Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ensures that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with agreed quality procedures.
- Fully manage design completion and monitor design change
- Contribute to coordinated construction planning, programming and sequencing
- Uphold and act in accordance with LM values and principles
- Participate in and positively promote the LM ‘Making the Right Choice’ programme
- Ensure compliance with JV policies and procedures
- Attend and engage with JV-wide collaboration / learning and development related activities
- Constantly work to enable the broader team to deliver against EWC North goals
Key employee values and principles:
Showing energy, taking pride in role, being sensitive to impact, demonstrating drive, being committed, respecting confidentiality, doing the right thing, being accountable
Valuing and empowering others, making a contribution, considering others’ needs and approaches, asking for help, recognising achievements, seeking to listen and understand, explaining decisions, acknowledging environmental impact
Creating a stimulating environment, being open and honest, demonstrating enthusiasm, seeking innovation, being flexible, being curious, providing clear direction, setting new standards, maximising unique opportunity
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing
Making safety our first consideration, acting fast to mitigate risks, making proactive interventions, taking responsibility for our own and others’ health, safety and wellbeing
- Best for project: Am I making best for project decisions? Am I taking best for project actions? Am I putting the project goals above my own company goals? Do I recognise LM success/failure is HS2 success/failure?
- Inclusivity: Have I involved everyone who could add value? Am I utilising the combined strengths of the team? Am I encouraging others’ ideas? Am I considering others’ perspectives / standing in others’ shoes? Are we collaboratively setting milestones?
- People first: Am I looking after my and others’ wellbeing? Am I thanking people for their contribution? Am I respecting peoples’ personal lives? Am I using technology where possible to aid work life balance? Am I working in a ‘safe and well’ way? Am I talking first emailing second?
- Jointly seeking solutions: Am I asking for help where I need it? Am I helping others where I can? Am I making others feel comfortable ‘not knowing’? Am I avoiding silo working?