DevOps/ Site Reliability Engineer
Do you call yourself a Site Reliability Engineer, Software Engineer, IT Operations, DevOps, or something similar? Are you interested in in engineering large data systems to help us deliver robust reliable, scalable solutions to our users?
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer / Devops, who will be a part of the newly created team responsible for the Azure platform, where we host our state of the art SaaS solutions like Actulus - Edlund's next-generation platform for the calculation of market values and cash flows.
We need people who enjoy analyzing complicated problems, producing creative solutions, working in focused teams with close collaboration with software engineers to build production reliable software.
Success will be measured by your ability design, provision, and manage Cloud infrastructure that meets Customer SLAs and SLOs. Not a one-time thing, your ultimate goal is to make the system better over time: that’s the SRE mindset.
After your morning coffee you will be:
- Delivering and maintaining highly available, fault-tolerant Azure-based systems
- Consulting and collaborating with Edlund’s customer-facing teams on new and existing technical requirements, with a focus on Cloud solutions (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Working closely with the development teams to make sure that the product releases are smooth and fearless
- Working with state of the art tools such as Azure DevOps, Azure Resource Management, PowerShell DSC etc.
- Designing and implementing solutions with cloud security standards in mind.
- Developing and implementing instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services, including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery (automated and manual).
- Working in conjunction with IT, engineering, and business groups to understand functionality, scalability, performance, security, and integration requirements.
- Defining and building the SRE discipline at Edlund. Delivering policies, tools, and processes; automating anything that can be automated.
- Making sure and documenting that we are compliant with the ISAE3402 standard requirements
We want you in our team if you:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Operations, Software Engineering, Software Development, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- Have 2 years' minimum experience in Software Engineering, Software Development, or Site Reliability Engineering.
- Have strong knowledge of key DevOps concepts – continuous integration and delivery.
- Understand Cloud concepts – IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- Have practical hands-on experience working on Azure using key services like VM, Azure API, Azure DevOps or Cloud Services.
- Understand operating system level concepts such as processes, memory allocation, and the network stack; understanding of how applications are affected by the above, and ability to debug it.
- Have experience in Windows administration
- Are experienced in design, configuration, continuous integration & delivery workflows
- Have experience designing configuration management systems (i.e. Chef, Ansible, Puppet and Salt)
We are a perfect match if you additionally:
- Have a keen interest in The Cloud and Azure.
- Like to continuously learn new and emerging DevOps and cloud technologies.
- Love working in an Agile environment focusing on lean delivery to bring value to our clients.
- Are passionate about designing and building sophisticated cloud-based automation solutions.
- Believe that a team working well together is truly smarter than the single smartest person on that team.
- Are open for short business trips to Denmark
You will love working with us for:
- Scandinavian work culture.
- Work-life balance.
- Competitive salary aligned with the best market standards.
- Sport & passion communities.
- Modern office in convenient location (Metro Dworzec Gdański).
- MyBenefit cafeteria system with wide range of services.
Copyright KMD 2019 (C)