The HORSCH Maschinen GmbH is one of the leading manufacturers of top-modern agricultural machines for the sectors tillage and seeding technology.
We search one Area Sales and Product Support Manager (m/f) in Kansas (US) and another one in Alberta (CA).
Manage company’s sales, service, product development and improvement in stated territory. Growing and developing the territory is considered a prime focus. The position will be responsible areas of sales support, dealer training, field technical assistance, new product conceptual testing, customer demonstrations, project management, maintaining relationships with current dealers and fostering new dealer relationships. The position is also responsible for assisting with marketing activities in coordination with the dealers in the territory, such as managing and organizing trade shows, field days and similar.
- Experience in AG equipment and AG equipment sales
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent phone skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong technical acumen (including electronics) to provide service support
- Strong business acumen
- Computer skills - including the ability to use communication and organization software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and email etc.
- Strong knowledge of company products, processes, policies and distribution system
- Valid driver’s license and able to travel back and forth from US and Canada
- Passion and commitment to company products
- Management skills
- Maintain and expand product sales within our Dealer network.
- Assure proper training for dealers in sales and service. Be in continuous contact with the dealer’s sales personnel
- Provide technical service support for products in the field during high demand periods
- Work with dealers and potential dealers coordinating successful product demonstrations
- Assist with monitoring, troubleshooting, and upgrading developmental projects
- Coordinate activities relevant to conceptual testing on potential product offerings
- Assist company dealers with sales and technical communication efforts as necessary
- Generate ideas and solutions through customer relationships
- Provide technical support to sales and manufacturing
- Work with manufacturing and purchasing to identify cost reduction opportunities and assist in implementing them
- Assist in assuring that all technical manuals conform to industry and company standards
- Travel expected to be minimum 50% on the road.
- Relay and address customer concerns to Horsch management team and follow up to assure that they are being addressed.
- Develop the annual trade show plan and other marketing activities
- Report activities to management weekly in regular written/emailed reports accounting for time spent
- Manage travel and other expenses within the defined annual budget plan.
- Following DOT regulations if applicable
- Maintain responsibility for any equipment, vehicles, computers or inventory assigned with respect and integrity
200 Knutson St.
Mapleton, ND 58059