Job grade: AST03
Internal job grade: AST03-AST07
Type of position: Temporary agent
Selection procedure reference: EMA/AST/431
Job title: Procurement and Contract Management Assistant, AST3
Deadline for applications: 21/10/2018
The European Medicines Agency is a decentralised body of the European Union with all its offices and Headquarters currently based in London. The Agency will move to Amsterdam, the Netherlands, by 30 March 2019 at the latest (for further information, consult the EMA website under ‘The United Kingdom’s withdrawal from the European Union ('Brexit')’). Its core responsibility is the protection and promotion of public health through the evaluation and supervision of medicines.
The Agency is looking to recruit a professional with expertise in running tender procedures and managing contracts in business services such as facilities, business consultancy, human resources, IT service providers and other.
The Agency offers a five-year renewable contract.
The monthly basic salary will be equivalent to €3,237.26 net (including Amsterdam weighting factor). In addition to this basic salary, the jobholder may be entitled to various allowances, in particular expatriation allowance and family allowances, including education allowance for dependent children. The Agency also provides a pension scheme and world-wide health insurance for staff and their dependents. A weighting factor is applied to the salary to compensate the cost of living. The weighting factor is subject to an annual review. Please consult the Eurostat website for more information about the weighting factor.
In case Temporary Agent posts are not available, candidates on the reserve list may be approached to provide written consent to be considered for Contract Agent positions, where justified in the interest of the service. These candidates will still remain on the Temporary Agent reserve list and will still be considered for a Temporary Agent post should a suitable post become available.
The Contract Agent position differs from the Temporary Agent post, in terms of category, function group, grade and remuneration and career progression.
For more details, see the general information on recruitment in Careers at EMA.
About this role
Are you a professional with expertise in drafting procurement documents, running tenders and managing contracts in different business areas? Are you looking for a new challenge to join a dynamic and ever changing European Agency?
As Procurement and Contract Management assistant you will join a team of professional colleagues within various business services and provide procurement and contract support for various areas such as facilities, human resources, business consultancy or IT. You will also contribute to or coordinate procurement procedures from end-to-end.
Reporting to the respective Head of Service, the jobholder will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Coordinate the preparation and publication of calls for tender, the evaluation of tenders (as part of a multi-functional team), the preparation of the award decision and signature of the contracts;
- Ensure appropriate regulatory compliance and implementation of Agency policies through procurement activities and subsequent contracts, as applicable to individual cases and as mandated by Agency objectives;
- Prepare contracts and support the administration of contracts (amendments, option release, termination, specific contracts from framework contracts);
- Monitor and report on contract and vendor performance and compliance to contractual obligations including service level agreements (SLAs) and qualitative indicators;
- Provide support and technical guidance on products and/or services;
- Initiate and follow up the relevant financial procedures and assist with price analysis and financial reports and other data to determine reasonableness of prices;
- Contribute to the service planning and activities and support in the continuous improvement of relevant processes and procedures;
- Maintain and update records in the relevant IT tools and databases and ensuring accuracy;
- Provide assistance in the preparation of audit files for internal, external and ex-post audits including follow-up as required;
- Maintain and promote effective working relationships with colleagues within and across other services.
The jobholder will also be responsible for specific tasks depending on the assignment in one of the areas below:
IT goods and services and business consultancy services:
- Assist in the acquisition of IT hardware, software and IT development services, business consultancy, cloud and digitalisation services, including support to product/technology selection exercises;
- Issue requests for quotation and assist with the analysis of price proposals;
- Assist with the drafting and implementation of quoted time and means, and fixed price contracts and assist with the procurement and sourcing strategies as part of the market and financial analysis.
Building and facilities services:
- Implementation and management of contracts for building and facilities-related services such as mail, courier, archive services, cleaning, security, catering, waste management, building maintenance;
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of buildings to ensure that they meet health and safety standards, environmental and building legal requirements.
- Implementation and management of contracts for staff-related services such as provision of temporary workers, training, human resources consultancy and medical services.
Procurement compliance and support:
- Provision of advice and training on procurement and contract procedures including review of draft procurement documents, draft contracts, amendments and renewals;
- Prepare publications of OJEU notices for procurement procedures and upload tender documents to e-tendering platform;
- Assist with the preparation of the Agency’s annual procurement plan.
Elements that will be taken into account in determining candidates to be invited for test/interview:
- Professional experience in end-to-end procurement procedures including drafting of technical specifications and procurement documents, running procurement procedures and contract management, in particular in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in sourcing activities for IT-related products, services and business consultancy requirements;
- Experience in managing systems and services in a modern building, with the most up-to-date trends and tactics to manage a site;
- Experience in procurement of staff related contracts such as provision of temporary workers, human resource consultancy, training, medical services.
- Skills in financial management and reporting;
- Experience with IT financial and/or human resourcing tools;
- Experience in dealing with audit related queries on procurement and contract management;
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment.
Experience and knowledge in the following areas would be an additional advantage to be invited for written test/interview:
- Experience in applying different sourcing arrangements and contractual models, to deliver services to a business environment;
- Experience in applying the Financial regulations and the Vade-mecum on public procurement applicable to the European Commission and other EU institutions/agencies;
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools such as SAP FIN or HR modules;
- Experience with Fixed Price and/or Quoted Time and Means contracts.
The following elements will also form part of the assessment:
- Ability to formulate and coordinate procurement proposals and service requests that lead to sound contracts which deliver results and quality of service;
- Drafting skills and ability to prepare concise and effective reports/written documentation;
- Strong project and process management skills;
- Analytical and problem solving skills with attention to results;
- Ability to manage own workload and priorities, consistently meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure and proactively respond to changing business priorities;
- Ability to deliver high quality work results consistently, being able to analyse complex information and with appropriate attention to detail;
- Constructive, positive and service oriented attitude;
- Ability to work both independently as well as to communicate and cooperate successfully in a multicultural environment with internal and external stakeholders;
- Advanced command of Microsoft Excel.
Essential requirements for admission
Essential requirements for admission to the selection procedure:
- A post-secondary education attested by a diploma that must have been obtained by the closing date plus three years of full-time relevant professional experience in relation with and at the level of the tasks in one of the areas described under “Job description”
- A secondary education certificate giving access to post-secondary education plus three years’ relevant professional experience (which is the equivalent of the educational requirement in the first indent), plus a further three years’ experience making a total of six years’ professional experience that must have been obtained by the closing date.
- A good command of English (at least level C1) and a thorough knowledge of another official language of the European Union (at least level B2).
For essential requirements 1. and 2. above it will be necessary to provide proof of each one at the interview stage.
Deadline for submission of application forms is 21/10/2018 at 23:59 CET.
Timeline of the selection procedure
Please note that this is an indicative schedule. It is subject to change in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Written test and interview
From 19/11/2018 – to 07/12/2018. Please note, only one date will be offered. The specific date will be provided as early as possible following the assessment of all applications.
Reserve list expected
30 Churchill Place - Canary Wharf - London E14 5EU - United Kingdom
Telephone +44 (0)20 3660 6000 Facsimile +44 (0)20 3660 5555
© European Medicines Agency, 2018. Reproduction is authorised provided the source is acknowledged.