An academic position in the field of Corporate Finance (1 EFT)
Vacancy Reference : 16921 / LSM 021 / 2018 (to be quoted in any correspondence)
The Université catholique de Louvain invites applications for a tenure track or tenured full time position in Corporate Finance
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate- and graduate-level courses that will mainly cover the field of finance, and corporate finance in particular. Teaching methods are left to the discretion of the successful candidate, who will adapt it to the target audience and the size of the groups of students. Teaching innovation and active learning methods are strongly encouraged. Teaching will be mainly carried out on the campus of Louvain-la-Neuve.
The selected candidate will develop research activities in finance. Although all areas of finance are eligible for this position, particular attention will be given to the areas corporate finance, evaluation and financial management of digitally-oriented companies and new forms of financing.
He/she will join the IMMAQ (Institute for Multidisciplinary Research in Quantitative Modelling and Analysis: https://uclouvain.be/en/research-institutes/immaq) and, more specifically the LFIN (Louvain Finance: https://uclouvain.be/en/research-institutes/immaq/lfin ).
Starting date : 1st of September, 2018
Further information :
Professor Michel De Wolf, dean LSM – email@example.com
Professor Philippe Chevalier, President of the institute IMMAQ – firstname.lastname@example.org
Localization : Humanities Sector
Louvain School of Management (LSM) (https://uclouvain.be/en/faculties/lsm)
Institute for Multidisciplinary Research in Quantitative Modelling and Analysis (IMMAQ) (https://uclouvain.be/en/research-institutes/immaq)
Tasks : the applicant will
- be responsible for teaching courses at all study levels (i.e. undergraduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education;
- supervise the final diploma research (i.e. theses) of undergraduate and graduate students, as well as PhD theses;
- be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
- contribute to the international visibility of the University through teaching and research excellence;
- be available to ensure, in the long term, different service activities and responsibilities within the University and its entities;
- contribute to activities of the University with a societal impact in the fields of the economy, socio-cultural changes or cooperation with developing countries.
Qualifications : the applicant must have
- a PhD degree in finance, management, economics or any related fields;
- significant scientific record with international publications;
- either studied abroad for an extensive period or have had substantial experience outside the UCL;
- experience in and the aptitude for teaching at university level;
- capacity to work within a team of teachers and to integrate research findings into teaching;
- creativity and must be open to teaching innovation and interdisciplinarity;
- capacities required to undertake high-level academic research: capacity to raise research fundings, to supervise projects, to animate and lead a research team;
- good knowledge of both spoken and written French and English. If this is not the case, the applicant accept to learn French and/or English in order to be able to teach in French and English within 2 years. Fluency in other languages is an asset