Tryg is offering a unique opportunity for the right candidate to become a part of a high-performing team and accelerate their career in Denmark’s largest and most innovative insurance company.
Tryg is a leading insurance company in the Nordics with a clear ambition to go further. We are the largest insurance company in Denmark and have a significant business in Norway and Sweden, serving both private customers and business with a full suite of products. With the acquisition of Alka in 2018 Tryg took an even stronger position in the Danish insurance market.
Tryg is listed on the stock exchange in Copenhagen and is part of the C25 index. The financial and operational performance of the company is very strong. Together with a very strong brand, a positive profile in society and a solid capital position this gives an excellent platform for winning in an evolving industry.
Insurance as an industry has existed for hundreds of years, but is currently undergoing significant change and is significantly impacted by digital trends such as IoT, AI, machine learning, robotics, etc. Tryg has a very forward-looking strategy with ambitious goals toward 2020 within distribution, new product innovation, digitalization and claims handling as well as financial performance. We are already far on the 2020-journey. We are one of the most innovative insurance companies in the Nordics and have during the past two years launched more than 50 new products and services. One example is the 100% app-based insurance company “Undo”. In addition, we host “The Camp” which is an entrepreneurial co-working space for fintech and insurtech companies, which is physically located with Tryg in Ballerup.
To help navigate and win in a world where accelerating change is a fact of life, Tryg has over the last year established a strong Strategy and M&A function reporting to the executive board. The team includes internal and external hires, including several with a background from tier-1 consulting. The ambition of the team is to ensure Tryg executes a strategy that creates value for our customers and shareholders as well as lives up to the Tryg purpose “As the world changes, we make it easy to be tryg”. Within Strategy and M&A, the Group Strategy team delivers on this ambition in two primary ways. Firstly, the team is responsible for the development of the overall group strategy and supporting intelligence. Secondly, the team executes in-house consulting support to strategic important project in Tryg’s business units and support functions.
As our new Senior Strategy Advisor your primary tasks will be to lead and support strategically important projects at the group level and in the business areas across Scandinavia.
Examples of projects you will work with include:
- Development of strategy for a business unit or support function
- Development of Corporate Strategy for the Tryg Group
- Facilitate high-impact decision making via analysis on strategically important questions
- Analysis of markets, trends and competitors
- Process optimization
- Support the executive board with analysis and presentations
Specific tasks will vary, but will often include some of the following elements:
- Project management, including managing internal project resources
- Problem solving, structuring and execution of analysis
- Communication of results in writing and verbally
- Data gathering
- Stakeholder management
You will report directly to the Head of Group Strategy, who reports to the Head of Strategy and M&A.
What we offer
You will through your role work closely with the top management in Tryg and contribute to resolving our biggest challenges. You will be part of a high-performing and dynamic team, where we set very high standards for our work. At the same time, we actively support each team member’s professional development and take pride in having fun together. Many of the members of team (including the Head of Group Strategy) have a background from tier-1 management consulting and the environment will feel familiar to candidates with similar background.
The role as Senior Strategy Advisor will provide you with multiple career options in Tryg, both within the Strategy and M&A team as well as in the business units and support functions. We have a good track record providing opportunities to our talents in the team. Most recently, the former Senior Strategy Advisor moved on to a management position in a growing business unit.
In short, Tryg offers:
- Opportunity to create high impact in a successful business and live a private life at the same time
- High visibility to the top management and frequent interactions with a dynamic and relatively young executive board
- An opportunity to become part of a market-leading, highly profitable Nordic insurance company and help increase the ambition level
- Steep learning curve through critical problem solving and end-to-end project ownership
- Great career opportunities through exposure to all of the company as well as the top management
We expect that you are relatively early in your career, but through your personal drive and work experience can work independently and create value in the projects you are leading.
The ideal candidate will have a background that include some of the following elements:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or similar with top results
- 2-4 years’ work experience from tier-1 management consulting
- Fluency in one of the Scandinavian languages is a requirement
- Experienced Microsoft Office user (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience from insurance is a plus, but not a requirement
- Experience with digitalization and analytics is a plus, but not a requirement
The ideal candidate has the following personal qualities:
- A strong drive to create results
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical/quantitative mindset
- A wish to constantly learn and grow
- Ability to communicate complex matters in a straight-forward way
- Comfortable working independently with very senior stakeholders
- Strong team player and empathy
- A will to help build up a new and strong team and have fun on the way
Application and further information
Please direct any questions about the role or Tryg to Kristian Pitzner-Jørgensen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application along with CV and grade transcript from the university. We will be scheduling interviews on an on-going basis and interested candidates should apply quickly.
Hos os arbejder mennesker med mange forskellige baggrunde og kompetencer. Fælles for alle er høj faglighed og høj medarbejdertilfredshed. Tryg er Nordens næststørste forsikringskoncern med aktiviteter i Danmark, Norge og Sverige. TryghedsGruppen er hovedejer af Tryg og står bag TrygFonden. Sammen arbejder vi hver dag, på hver vores måde, for at gøre danskernes hverdag mere tryg. Se mere på www.tryg.dk