Provide support related to HVAC system engineering, under the Rotating Equipment Engineering for the Production, Maintenance, Reliability, and PID departments, addressing existing equipment issues and fresh equipment design to optimize efficiency, safety, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for Rotating Equipment Engineering support for maintenance, reliability and operation of Rotating Equipment.
- Assist in conducting training sessions for operators, engineers and technicians for better understanding and appreciation of system reliability and proper use and operation of Rotating Equipment.
- Participate in site safety and reliability audits; Ensure adherence to environmental regulations and adopt Safety Loss Prevention principles.
- Provide technical assistance and trouble-shooting support for all Rotating Equipment Engineering/ HVAC system activities and ensure that all activities and procedures are in compliance with company requirements.
- Evaluate vendors, proposals, designs, requests and documentations for sound Rotating Equipment Engineering/ HVAC Systems practice and conformance with established safety and design criteria and recommend approval or disapproval.
- Participate in fitness-for-service evaluations of new and repaired Rotating Equipment & HVAC systems.
- Participate in the review of the PPM program for maintenance goal alignment.
- Provide information and support on Rotating Equipment Engineering to aid project teams in their proposal, cost and work estimates, engineering and construction.
- Develop, review, maintain and apply engineering specifications and standards and identify improvement opportunities for standards and integrate best practices.
- Develop and maintain standards, procedures, general instructions, and best Rotating Equipment Engineering to determine potential problems and remedies to complex technical problems.
- Participate in preparing technical specifications of various rotating mechanical equipment and materials and adhere to the agreed design, standards and requirements, plant operability and performance.
- Support Operations, Maintenance & Engineering (OME) team in maintaining facility integrity by conducting failure-performance analysis on rotating equipment and provide restoration procedures.
- Work closely with other relevant organizations to determine mechanical equipment component’s life span using appropriate reliability tools to prolong use.
- Provide technical assistance and trouble-shooting support for all mechanical rotating equipment and ensure that all maintenance activities and procedures are aligned with reliability requirements.
- Define spare part requirements for rotating equipment; employing risk-based maintenance tool and other similar systems. Perform regular audits to ensure working capital is optimized, stock levels are maintained and spares for obsolete are removed.
- Perform any job-related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor/manager.
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.