Career Opportunities: Legal Advisor (3921)
Manpower Requisition Number
more than 5 years
Job Description Print Preview
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advising on a wide range of legal matters relating to the company business, including new business endeavors and development, corporate transaction and governance, financing, and operational and oil and gas-related matters.
- Sits and/or contributes on a number of the company's committees as required.
- Serves as the company's corporate secretary when required and/or attends the company Board meetings and effectively advises the Board on any legal/contractual related matters as needed.
- Participates in the definition and development of corporate policies and procedures and provides advice on legal matters and on legal implications of all corporate governance, business and compliance matters under the relevant jurisdiction (English and Saudi law).
- Anticipates and identifies legal issues of concern to senior management, estimates risks strategically, identifies and develops legal strategies and proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks and maximize legal rights; provides expert advice for strategic planning and execution purposes.
- Oversees all major domestic and international business transactions, including a wide variety of commercial contracts (with input from business/technical partners), leases, vendor contracts, product sales, and licensing agreements, lucrative project and EPC contracts, as well as corporate contracts with third parties.
- Leads the review, amendment, negotiation and drafting activities of all contracts, agreements and regulatory-related documents.
- Develops company contract templates, handles regulatory issues such as employment/labor law issues, and monitors all aspects of procurement law.
- Oversees all litigation and pre-litigation related matters, leads and manages dispute avoidance and resolution, all legal proceedings, arbitrations/mediations and negotiations of any other legal disputes, devises strategy for claims and approves settlements of disputes where warranted; properly advising senior management regarding such matters.
- Responsible for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and oversees staff in matters relating to the company's legal and compliance affairs.
- Advises on legal aspects of the company's financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities.
- Retains, manages and evaluates outside legal counsel, where appropriate, and manages outside legal consultant budgets.
- Bases decision making process on ethics and integrity.
- Deals with external parties (regulators, external counsel, clients/customers/contractors).
- Structures and manages the company's internal legal function and staff.
- Acts as the custodian, guardian and controller of all major legal documents of the company.
- Creates associations of trust and respect with the shareholders and key stakeholders.
- Meets legal objectives and deals with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and business related areas.
- Keeps the company abreast of legislative changes, new and updated laws, regulations, and implementation.
Bachelor Degree in Law or equivalent
10 years of experience in Legal Advisory in a commercial environment and/or with a Law firm, with at least 5 years in a similar position.
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
Email this job to a friend
The job has been sent to
Please provide the information below
Your email address:
Your friend's email address:
Confirm you are not a robot: