Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Observe and coordinate the day to-day activities of electrical/ instrumentation maintenance on all electrical/instrument systems plant, equipment and facilities within the designated area of responsibility.
2. Conduct frequent site visits to ensure proper execution of work and check on the activities of Company and contactor technicians engaged in routine maintenance activities.
3. Coordinate with the Electrical Workshop team to ensure that repairing and troubleshooting activities on electrical/instrument systems are carried out in timely and quality manner that helps increase the availability and reliability of these systems.
4. Ensure that Preventive Maintenance plans prepared by Methods Reliability team for all electrical/instrument systems in the designated area are carried out as per schedule and plan.
5. Lead contractor employees assigned to his area.
6. Receive work directions from the respective Area Maintenance Leader in relation to electrical/instrument systems maintenance orders/requests and follow-up with the maintenance technicians to ensure translating these directions into actions.
7. Follow-up on electrical/instrument maintenance work progress and submit regular progress reports with recommendations to Area Maintenance Leader. Keep a record of daily maintenance works against planned maintenance programs and prepare work completion reports, where applicable.
8. Work closely with Operations Area Supervisor, Area Maintenance Leader and Methods Reliability Engineers in recommending and implementing changes aimed at improving the availability and reliability of electrical/instrument systems within the designated area of responsibility.
9. Assist in implementing engineering modifications and enhancements to electrical/instrument equipment by making recommendations to increase the suitability and serviceability of electrical/instrument systems.
10. Ensure that assigned contractor personnel have all needed resources and tools to conduct routine maintenance activities effectively and according to the contract terms and conditions.
11. Enforce SATORP’s policies, procedures and regulations and ensure that all safety measures and precautions are strictly considered and taken care of during conducting onsite maintenance works.
12. Assist in preparing cost estimates, purchase orders and maintenance plans and schedules for electrical/instrument maintenance activities in coordination with the concerned personnel in maintenance logistics section.
Main Competencies and Qualities:
· Strong knowledge of maintaining and repairing Electrical/Instrument systems.
· Strong knowledge in Electrical/Instrument equipment design, installation and maintenance.
· Good knowledge of preventive and predictive maintenance principles and working procedures.
· Strong communication and people skills.
· Ability to perform work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
· Capable of handling multiple tasks.
Two (2) years Diploma in Electrical/Instrument Engineering or equivalent.
Eight (8) years of experience in Refinery Electrical/Instrument maintenance, of which at least Three (3) years in a similar position.