Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To develop comprehensive quantity surveying procedures, techniques, methodologies, guidelines for surveying with formats and reporting systems to establish accurate bill of quantity/ materials take-off etc.
2. To analyze proposed scope of procurement, materials equipment, contracts, amendment, change orders
3. To understand, interpret & implement international standards and specifications drawings, technical, contractual and commercial documents for analyzing & evaluation of SOW/ RFP.
4. To identify, define and accurately detailed evaluation of all required resources and quantities by means of quantity studies, verification/surveys and analysis.
5. Shall recommend final pay structure, bill of quantities, material take-off for the Cost Engineer's development of the cost estimate.
6. To Assist Cost Engineer for Resource and quantity review on vendors proposals and recommendations, including focus on proposed resources/quantity loading/material take-off, standard/specification, and method of measurement with comments/remarks, for accurate cost estimation.
7. To support for recommendations of bill quantities, material take-off, calculations and recommendation with Factual or logical & analytical data & reports.
8. Assist to Contracts Engineer in negotiating, analyzing & finalization of RFPs & day to day activities as & when required/ directed including Management Meetings.
9. To Help/ Assist Finance team as & when required, if have any queries.
10. To Follow-up & Issue work progress reports from contractors/vendors, to meet timely completion of tasks for end Users requirements.
11. Invoice Verification including support/assist Cost Engineer in providing data for Invoicing.
12. Verification of Service PO including subcontractors’ manpower, activities and materials supplied.
13. Verification of Timesheets on daily basis for contractor’s personnel and equipment.
Main Competencies and Qualities:
· Strong knowledge of Quantity Surveying Procedures.
· Good Knowledge in Contracts Administration, Analytical and Quantity Surveying Skills.
· Good interpersonal, Communication and Time Management skills.
· Good problem solving skills.
· Conversant with SAP and Microsoft Office applications.
· Ability to work as a TEAM member in a dynamic environment.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Three (3) years Diploma in Mechanical / Civil Engineering, or Bachelors in Mechanical/ Civil Engineering from Recognised University.
Minimum Five (5) years hands on experience for Diploma Holders & Three (3) years for Bachelors, as a “Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor In charge ” in Multi-disciplined Engineering Projects including Oil &Gas/ Petrochemicals/ Refinery sectors would be an added advantage, as a “Core” team player.