Closing date: 19 October 2018
Operating entity: Secunda Chemical Operations
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
General and pressure equipment welding maintenance and fabrication in the Machine workshop to enable production units to reach production targets.
- Inspection and general fault finding on trade related tools, machinery and workshop equipment.
- Maintenance welding on mechanical and pressure equipment.
- Welding with different processes on different materials to fabricate mechanical and pressure equipment.
- Comply with safety standards and codes.
- Identify unsafe acts and conditions and bring it to the attention of management.
- Provide on the job training and coaching to team members.
Practical test plate will be recruitment process
- Grade 12 with Math, Science and English or N3 with Math, Science and Business English
- NQF 4 Welder Occupational Trade certificate
2 years’ experience after qualifying
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- 2 years working experience as a qualified welder after trade test.
- Petrochemical plant and equipment. (Wish)
- Pressure vessel fabrication will be an advantage. (Wish)
- Maintenance / refurbishing of pressure equipment.
- Ability to read, interpret, and fabricate from engineering drawings.
- Ability to read, interpret and set machine in accordance with WPS.
- Qualified on carbon steel, stainless steel and low alloy steels.
- Qualified on GTAW and SMAW processes.
- FCAW ability will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of types and grades of materials.
- Knowledge of different types of processes and their application.
- Small bore and tube-to-tubesheet welding experience. (Wish)
- First line inspection of own work before supervisor and QC inspections.
- Deliver high quality work and maintain high productivity.
- Understand basic welding parameters such as run out ratio, heat input, welding symbols, pre-heat, etc.
- Correct consumable control and handling.
- Attention to detail.
- Overhead crane license. (Wish)
- Basic rigging up to 5 ton. (Wish)
- Commitment and dedication to work.
- Willing to train and develop self and the team.
- Working on a two week shift roster.
- Willing to work overtime as and when required.
- Perform stand-by duties.
- Knowledge of ISO 3834 / PER / SANS 347
- Be safety conscious and orientated for self and the team.
- Maintain good housekeeping principals.
Follow us on:
YouTube | LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | http://www.sasol.com/