BU Name: UBE: Sasol Mining
Geographical area: Secunda / Sasolburg
End date of advert: 23 February 2018
Purpose of the job:
As an apprentice you will train and develop to become a qualified Electro Mechanic, according to the requirements of the relevant
SETA (Mining Qualifications Authority - MQA) and National Artisan Moderation Board (NAMB).
Your training will include the following Unit Standards
- Electrical equipment
- Mechanical equipment
- Maintenance of underground production equipment
- Safety prerequisites for equipment
- Good housekeeping
Grade 12 / N3 / NCV Level 4 with:
- Maths (Minimum E Symbol or 40%) excluding Maths Literacy, Additional Maths, Functional Maths,
Commercial Maths and Applied Maths
- Physical / Engineering Science (Minimum E Symbol or 40%) No other Science
- English / Business English passed (compulsory)
N3 with Electro Technology and Mechano Technology will be to your advantage.
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Self starter
- Self motivated
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
Applications should be done online / Only online applications received will be considered
Please ensure that your CV is uploaded on the system and contains copies of your ID, Grade 12/N3 or NCV level 4.
Please note the following clauses:
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.