POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
To create innovative and market right footwear products that support ASICS’s global brand directives. This position will work as the footwear design lead to create silo design direction, innovative concepts and promote new ideas, produce footwear product designs for the category that advance product performance and appeal the excellence of ASICS design to targeted consumers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand category-specific consumer and their culture/ritual by learning about consumer and market trends; and translate what you've learned into all product designs
- Contributes to the category design direction.
- Create innovative concepts and promote new ideas
- Provides designs for inline key styles.
- Execute all product design details, including construction, color, form, style, detail, fit, performance and cost/value requirements
- Present visual concept solutions to product briefs; collaborate with our Design, Development and Product Line Management groups to focus product designs for market success
- Finalize technical packages
- Submit all relevant information needed for the development process
- Collaborate for efficient process and communication flow within product team for all issues
- Present information effectively to customers, clients, and related employees of the organization.
- Manage and lead a team effectively.
- Influence and collaborate with key business partners
- Acts as point person with color design team.
- Demonstrates professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Demonstrates quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
- Some travel throughout the domestic United States and Internationally.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
- This position manages and mentors team members at category design team.
- Interacts within cross-functional triad team (Product Line Management/Design/Development)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Effective communication
- Decision Making
- Embraces Change
- Honesty and Integrity
- Prioritizing Skills
- Challenge Spirit
- Solution Oriented
- Team player
- Time management
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) in Industrial Design/Product Design, Technology, Merchandising, Industrial Engineering or a related field.
- More than 5 years industrial design professional experience.
- Advanced knowledge of color, textures, material construction, human factors and form as they relate to designing excellent products
- Verse in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentations.
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
ASICS Corporation reserves the right at any time, with or without notice, to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities within your general skill set or capabilities. ASICS America Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.