<span style="font-family: "Plantagenet Cherokee",serif; font-size: 11pt;">Plan International is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
<span style="font-family: "Plantagenet Cherokee",serif; font-size: 11pt;">Plan International officially started operations in Nigeria in 2014 and works to strengthen and promote the rights of children. Our programme is currently focused on basic education; improve community health services, youth and citizens’ participation in governance and creating economic opportunities and livelihoods for the poor, building resilient communities through our emergency and humanitarian response in the Northeast. <span style="font-family: "Plantagenet Cherokee",serif; font-size: 11pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;">Plan Nigeria works with communities, civil society organizations, development partners, government at all levels and the private sector. We are looking for people who are experienced, dedicated, have passion and want to make a difference in the lives of people
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Mubi, Adamawa State
Role Purpose: <span style="font-family: "Tahoma",sans-serif; mso-ansi-language: EN-US;">The purpose of this role is to provide transportation services to Plan staff in a safe, courteous and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Vehicle maintenance and management
- Cleans vehicle and perform routine checks to ensure it has proper working tools on a daily basis.
- Refuels vehicle using an approved fuel voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet timeously.
- Parks vehicle safely at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6 pm.
- Ensures that after hours travels have prior formal approval by the admin department.
- Ensure vehicle movement log book is filled timely and regularly.
- To report immediately to the Field Coordinator, all accidents or issues involving Plan International vehicles.
- Compliance to the motor vehicle and travel policy provisions of Plan international Nigeria.
Staff and material transportation
- Transports staff and designated people to all areas as instructed and with approved vehicle request forms.
- Ferries goods to required points as may be directed from time to time.
- Ensure vehicles have necessary materials such as umbrellas, first aid box, map, fire extinguishers etc.
- Ensure that all Plan assets are not left unattended in the vehicle whilst parked.
- Files in accurately vehicle log books and submits to the Field Coordinator.
- Prepares monthly vehicles’ maintenance reports for allocated vehicles.
Other services provision:
- Dispatch and deliver all documents between Plan and other service providers.
- Assist in sourcing for quotations towards the procurement of goods and materials for program delivery as per corporate procedures to ensure value for money is obtained
- Dispatch of goods and materials to various projects offices to facilitate program delivery without any reports of loss or destruction of items
- Comply with Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
<span lang="EN-GB" style="font-family: "Tahoma",sans-serif;">Level of Contact with Children: <span style="font-family: "Tahoma",sans-serif; mso-ansi-language: EN-US;">Medium contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder may have some contact with children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
<span style="font-family: "Plantagenet Cherokee",serif;">Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. <span lang="EN" style="color: black; font-family: "Plantagenet Cherokee",serif; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN;">Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.