Career Opportunities: Sr. Communications Specialist USA/CAN (27606)
JPR ID 27606 - Posted 03/28/2019 - USA/Canada - Southfield - Human Resources - Permanent - Full Time
||Sr. Communications Specialist USA/CAN
|Business Unit / VP
|Position to which it reports
||Human Resources Director USA/CAN
Global Communications Manager
||This Sr. Communications Specialist will be responsible for developing and coordinating focused internal and external communications and initiatives in USA/CAN that will align Nemak’s communications efforts effectively with the business strategy.
||• Work with the Global Communications team to demonstrate and promote events and initiatives including corporate branding
• Work closely with business partners to serve as a key source of company information and messaging for communications teams across the BU; ensuring this information is kept up-to-date and shared consistently across the sites.
• Responsible for creating and executing dynamic internal communications plans and measuring their impact as well as promoting employee engagement, awareness and understanding of the organization’s priorities.
• Design and deliver internal communication plans for driving education and awareness within the company.
• Track, monitor, and report on metrics for blogs, videos, and websites.
• Manage crisis communications and ensure crisis communications plans exist and key people are trained on crisis communications processes and protocols
• Provide communications/media training, as needed
• Social media Champion for USA/CAN BU
• Assist with yearly offsite Policy Deployment Meeting (attended by all BU managers and head office executives)
• Support internal communication events and activities for the Southfield business unit office
• Co-lead “Nemak Store” project for USA/CAN for effective recognition strategies
• Organize and lead quarterly communication meetings for Southfield
• Support HR Processes and Audits
||• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in communications, mass media, human resources, or related field
||• At least five years of work experience
• Demonstrated success in a communications role that includes social media
||• Tech savvy and strong problem-solving skills
• Website content management system
• Social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Glassdoor and YouTube
||• Results oriented
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong leadership skills and an ability to drive projects, teams and decisions
|Local / global candidates