The Maintenance & Reliability Engineer is responsible for monitoring and measuring Off Highway Truck (OHT) performance data throughout the products’ lifecycle. The primary objective is to highlight improvement opportunities that are revealed through field data analysis. The analysis results are used to set priorities for field engineering, maintenance, and logistics personnel focused on supporting the after sales fleet.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Absent undue hardship reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Validate and decipher all sources of global truck performance data.
- Establish metrics to communicate and report on haul truck performance (cost per ton hauled, availability, component service life, life-cycle costs, etc.).
- Analyze field data using proven engineering techniques / principles / procedures to continuously improve product performance and reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Remotely monitor and trend system health data using the Liebherr Mining Data (LMD) portal.
- Work with LMD users to develop diagnostic and prognostic capabilities that assist in maintaining the truck.
- Identify and communicate best practices of the global mining business to our affiliate network and customer base.
- Evaluate and update data requirements for existing ERP and CMMS applications; expand and improve truck performance data.
- Monitor field data integrity trends, work with system users and data entry personnel to improve data quality.
- Strengthen partnerships with maintenance and reliability personnel; work collectively to create practical approach solutions.
- Lead maintenance and reliability workshop initiatives; facilitate meetings and implement action plans.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly preferred.
- Mastery of basic statistical concepts and techniques, including calculations and applications.
- Ability to define and distinguish between qualitative and quantitative data.
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading blueprints and engineering drawings; writing technical instructions and reports; and managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft desktop suite
- Sound judgment and ability to perform duties in harsh and sometimes isolated locations.
- Able to maintain a safe work environment and follow safe work practices as established by Liebherr as well as comply with site specific rules and regulations.
Education and Experience:
BS degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology; or six years maintenance and reliability experience in a heavy equipment mining environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel to customer and supplier sites domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time for up to 2 weeks duration.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.