BIM, Digital Engineer – Developing Software
Project Types: Some of the largest, most complex and satisfying.
Laing O’Rourke can offer this excellent opportunity to join their Dartford based Digital Engineering development team. Develop your career in the new Digital Engineering position focusing on developing BIM software and applications for Laing O'Rourke, one of the UK’s most advanced and innovative engineering and business services specialists.
About the team
Laing O'Rourke's industry leading Digital Engineering team are constantly striving to deliver the nation's biggest and most challenging projects in increasingly innovative and efficient ways. Through the practical application of BIM, Digital Engineering and the latest technologies we are looking for people to support us in our mission of becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry.
About the project
For Laing O’Rourke to achieve its goal we need the brightest Digital Engineering experts who truly wish to advance the BIM world. Using expertise in web, software and application development to create the next generation of digital standards and software to be used in the construction and engineering space.
Don’t match all the criteria below? Don’t worry, we are always looking for applicants with transferable skill sets.
Additional activities include:
- Implementation of BIM on the project by applying appropriate influence, input, resource, process and protocols.
- Assets data management.
- Seeks out, influences, develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to deliver BIM strategies.
- Authoring and development of the 3D model, having full and up to date knowledge of all project information and documentation.
- Mentoring of other team members and identifying areas of improvement.
- Ability to challenge current or outdated techniques to implement your own ideas.
- Involved in cost modelling aspects of digital engineering.
- Utilising 4D and 5D principals to enable stakeholder to have visibility on progress / projected progress.
Laing O’Rourke are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed professional who is seeking a long-term career options on challenging projects.
The position will be based at the project offices in Birmingham. Laing O’Rourke offers a competitive salary and package along with a dedication to continuously improve its practices and work force.
About the Company:
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O’Rourke is an internationally-focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
Committed to a sustainable future, Laing O’Rourke is re-thinking the way the built environment is designed, delivered and operates - collaborating with world-leading industry and academic partners, bringing innovative new solutions, ensuring the most efficient long-term engineering solutions.