Opportunités de carrière : OPERATING THEATRE NURSE (3701)
Identifiant de la demande 3701 - Publié 27/02/2018 - Santé - Global Deployment Option - Inconnu - Mobile
What we do
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
As an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team and within the speciality, the OT Nurse promotes and ensures the delivery of high quality patient care to the beneficiaries. S/he works at building capacity in its specific area of expertise within ICRC assisted or independent hospital structures with often limited resources and in challenging environments.
The OT nurse is at the core of developing and implementing good practices in the operating theatres of hospitals. S/he assesses training needs, develops plans of action and draws up training programmes with local personnel.
- Demonstrates and delivers a high standard of evidence-based patient care within the Operating Theatres (OT)
- Develops and delivers a measurable programme of training/coaching within the OT based on the relevant ICRC Guidelines.
- Ensures quality care by adherence to sterilization and infection control policies and safety standards regarding the handling of sharps, fire safety, waste management, etc...
- Establishes and/or completes, all relevant paperwork and ensures accurate and timely data collection for the OT activities.
- Facilitates an appropriate OT preparedness and timely response to emergencies.
- Collaborates fully and proactively with internal and external counterparts, assisting and supporting for an optimal day-to-day organization of operating theatres.
- Ensures that all resources available within their domain of expertise are managed and maintained in an appropriate manner.
- Supervises certain resident nursing and hospital support staff.
Desired profile and skills
- Previous experience(s) in acute care departments such as ER, ICU and Recovery Room
- Previous experience(s) within the Red Cross & Red Crescent movement
Our operational & field constraints
- In line with the principle of neutrality, the ICRC does not assign personnel to a country of which they are nationals
- Candidates must be in good health and will have to do a medical check-up prior to departure in the field
- Candidates must possess a driving licence (for manual transmission vehicles) with practice
- Candidates must be prepared to accept unaccompanied postings (i.e. no spouse, partner, children or dependents)
What we offer
- Rewarding work in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Attractive social benefits
- Length of assignment: minimum of 6 months
- Join an ICRC talent pool and be considered for future assignments elsewhere
- Your resume and a cover letter that clearly expresses what attracts you to the humanitarian world as well as to the ICRC
- Copy of your academic diplomas and certificates
- Copy of your work certificates
- Copy of a valid registration licence/card
- Copy of your passport/s (only the page with your personal details)
- Copy of your manual driving license