Opportunités de carrière : WATER ENGINEERING BUYER (3626)
Identifiant de la demande 3626 - Publié 12/01/2018 - Logistique - Global Deployment Option - Inconnu - Mobile
What we do
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
The “Water and Engineering Buyer” (field position) oversees the entire procurement process for electromechanical, hydraulics and construction categories in an ICRC's delegation. In his/her capacity, he/she ensures that procurement is carried out in line with standard institutional policies and procedures.
- Identify with relevant departments (mainly Water & Habitat, Premises and Economic Security) the main items needed for electro mechanics, hydraulics and construction purchases and service contracts.
- Conduct sourcing campaigns for the identified items, assess suppliers and contractors, compile relevant technical documentation and share it with all operational actors. Contextualize with the Lead buyer and the regional office the ICRC purchase strategy according to the local availability and quality of items.
- Participate in the development of technical specifications and price estimation for the main items.
- Follow-up regional procurement process until goods are delivered to the requester
- Process local procurement according to ICRC procedures (organize tenders, prepare selection table with requester, negotiate purchase conditions, establish contracts, ensure quality control, evaluate suppliers)
- Contribute to the tendering of the service contracts (propose additional contractors, participate to the analysis and selection)
- Supervise and train national procurement officers
- Keep and update the purchase procedures, maintain good filing system for PO files, suppliers files, products files
- Prepared to accept unaccompanied postings (i.e. no spouse, partner, children or dependents) during the first 24 months of collaboration
- Engineering degree in mechanic, Electro mechanic, civil engineering, or equivalent and procurement knowledge, management of product portfolio
- Minimum 3 years in construction equipment engineering, electro-mechanical engineering or a relevant field of activity
- 1st experience in procurement, experience in the humanitarian field is an asset
- Written and verbal English mandatory, French an asset
- Good understanding of the supply chain processes
- Additional competency: Diploma in related field such as purchasing, supply chain management
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Open-minded and adaptable, empathic and diplomatic
- Able to work in a team, under pressure in sometimes a dangerous environment
- Good management, administrative and communication skills
Our operational & field constraints
- In line with the principle of neutrality, the ICRC does not assign personnel to a country of which they are nationals
- Candidates must be in good health and will have to do a medical check-up prior to departure in the field
- Candidates must possess a driving licence (for manual transmission vehicles)
- Candidates must be prepared to accept unaccompanied postings (i.e. no spouse, partner, children or dependents) for at least the first 24 months
What we offer
- Rewarding work in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- A two-week orientation course and other opportunities for further in-house training
- Generous social benefits
- Length of assignment: 12 months
- Join an ICRC talent pool and be considered for future assignments elsewhere