For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Grifols has been a leader in the healthcare industry since 1940, enhancing people’s quality of life through innovative solutions with the highest standards of quality and safety. The company, which produces plasma-derived medicines to treat life-threatening diseases, is managed with ethical leadership and social commitment, and is built to deliver long-term value and sustainable growth. Grifols' activities focus on fulfilling the needs of its patients as well as healthcare professionals working in therapeutics, pharmacy, diagnostics and blood banking. For more than 75 years, Grifols has developed, manufactured and produced products designed to improve human health. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.grifols.com
The Corporate Communications Manager, based in RTP, is a dynamic, multi-stakeholder role reporting to the Global Corporate Communications Department. As part of his or her responsibility, the Manager will lead comprehensive communication efforts that build awareness of the Grifols brand among external audiences in the U.S. The Manager will lead external media relations engagements, content development and management of external campaigns with a special emphasis on media and stakeholder relations. The Manager will also support select events with respect to external audiences.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as an active member of the Global Corporate Communications team, helping to build and strengthen Grifols’s reputation across multiple external areas; may support select internal communications as well
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with key external stakeholders to enhance external awareness of the Grifols brand
- Supports the company’s communications activities including media relations which includes but isn’t limited to messaging, press releases, Q/As and other external-oriented materials as required
- Handles the review and distribution of information, including routine announcements; compiles and reports results
- Manages, working with the global communications director, crisis and issues communications
- Creates and implements communications, marketing, and/or public relations strategies to articulate/promote a variety of projects, services or programs
Skills/Qualifications/Education Requirements: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or closely related field is required
- Minimum of 5-7 years related corporate communications experience is necessary, preferably in a pharmaceutical or healthcare environment
- Must have public relations and media relations experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong networks and relationships
- Self-starter, able to drive high volume of work to completion with minimum guidance
- Must be proactive, results oriented and have strong attention to detail
- Capable of effectively prioritizing and managing multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines
- Excellent planning, management and execution skills
- Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment, intellectual curiosity and strategic thinking
- Ability to be flexible in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to provide others with direction and training on processes, guidelines and policies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
- Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Frequently walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Frequently drives to site locations and frequently travels within the United States. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues. Performs a wide range of complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence.
Location: NORTH AMERICA : USA : NC-RTP:USNC0001 - RTP NC-Headquarters
Learn more about Grifols