Portfolio Manager Gas/Power (m/f)
Department: Energy Management & Trading – Portfolio Management Gas
Location: Luxembourg – Esch-sur-Alzette
Contract: permanent; full time
As a major energy supplier in the Luxembourg energy market, also present in Germany, France and Belgium, the mission of Enovos Luxembourg S.A. is to generate, procure, transmit and distribute electricity, natural gas and renewable energies to industries, SMB’s, distributors and private households. We are searching for a quantitative Portfolio Manager in Gas and Power, entering into our team of experts in both commodities. Preferably we search for a candidate with focus on gas, however, candidates with previous track record and focus rather in power are fully welcome, too.
- You are responsible for the management of all open positions in Enovos’ gas portfolios within European gas markets
- You define and execute hedging strategies and consistently adjust these according to predefined physical and financial limit requirements and portfolio needs
- You act as internal backup for Portfolio Managers Power in Enovos’ European power markets
- You hold full P&L responsibility in your core commodity books and actively take and manage open positions in order to positively contribute to the fulfillment of Enovos’ financial targets
- You actively develop, define, implement, exercise and monitor quantitative approaches in terms of quantitative Proprietary Trading
- You apply and develop available IT tools to closely follow up the Gas/Power portfolio positions and market development in order to manage and keep track of all relevant books
- You thoroughly follow on all risk- & book-reports, quantitatively analyse structural risks and flexibility needs of all books and investigate how these risks can be mitigated by the application of assets
- You elaborate comprehensive portfolio strategies, provide insights and concepts and present these to the team and to upper Management
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or Finance
- Proven experience in quantitative portfolio management, analytics and trading techniques
- High quantitative capability to assess and understand the versatile challenges of Hedging, Risk Management and Proprietary Trading techniques within core energy markets
- Willingness and ability to take portfolio decisions with high P&L sensitivity
- Strong analytical and synthetical mind-set
- Solid IT skills (e.g. Reuters Eikon, Excel, VBA, Python, Matlab, Sungard Aligne/Belvis or similar)
- Proactiveness, high accuracy and reliability characterize you
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and German or French. Luxembourgish will be considered as an asset
How to apply
Interested? If you feel your track record corresponds to the conditions required, do not hesitate to send your application through our career opportunities site accessible on enovos.jobs.lu. Applications received by any other means will not be considered.
A certified copy of your diploma as well as a recent copy of your criminal record will be requested after the first interview.