Expro Group are currently recruiting for a Senior Software and Controls Engineer to join their Group Engineering (GE) team based in Aberdeen. GE is a central business group responsible for Expro’s engineering activities globally. Some of the software installations will require occasional travels to relevant regions.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the Engineering tasks relating to Software and controls within the Surface Package and Subsea Controls team. They will also provide specific technical advice and guidance to Engineering staff on relevant software and control engineering.
Main Job activity and content:
- The Senior Software Engineer operates within the Surface Package and Subsea Controls team under Group Engineering, and requires a technical understanding of relevant industry standards, practices and procedures within the software discipline.
- The main activity is software products development and configuration of SCADA Express Expro proprietary software, PLC and HMI software packages, as well as other software packages as required.
- This involves reviewing customer requirements, creating scope of work proposal and CTR estimates, formulating software design specifications, designing software components, producing relevant documentation, support installations and testing phase, troubleshooting where required and also other activities.
- The Senior Engineer requires supervisory skills to advise, guide and assist the engineers within the team. The position requires excellent time management, awareness of budgets and Project plans, work prioritisation for both the job holder and direct reports to demonstrate effective usage of time.
- Senior Engineers are also responsible for advancement of Engineering department by identifying new and / or enhancement of existing processes, technologies and methodologies.
Job Knowledge and Experience:
Qualifications: Relevant Degree within area specific Oil and Gas industry knowledge.
Experience: Must have significant previous relevant software experience, relevant Functional Safety experience would be a bonus for this role.
Job Specific knowledge: Working knowledge of Engineering systems, standards and practices within Software and Controls discipline.