Expro Group are currently recruiting for a System’s test Engineer to join their team based in Ringwood, Hampshire on a contract basis. The successful candidate will lead multidisciplinary test activities for Expro’s products and project development and carry out testing as required in a safe, professional, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- To work in a safe, responsible and cost effective manner in accordance with company procedures
- Be proactively responsible for Hardware and Systems test processes and activities for a range of Expro's products.
- To be involved and lead key work packages concerning Product Qualification and Compliance activities
- To be involved in the definition of engineering and production standard tests
- To be involved in writing, reviewing and approval of engineering and production test specifications and work instructions
- To test against test requirements and provide written reports or statements as required
- To lead in the Engineering Test change process and to ensure all test related changes are managed in a timely fashion.
- To lead test readiness activities during projects.
- To be involved in and prepare material for development design reviews
- To promote Design for Manufacture and Test techniques
- To attend software release meetings and to accept the release of software updates.
- To be involved in the specification and production of software specific test builds to support system test activities.
- To support the resolution of technical engineering issues including root cause analysis and technical report writing.
- To support and maintain engineering test equipment and fixtures, including test fixture development.
- To provide test equipment training where required to other staff
- To employ a proactive team based approach within the Expro and to work with all disciplines
- Knowledge of 3rd party testing of high reliability products for harsh environments
- Experience in Agile development, Rapid Prototyping, Lean Techniques and Continuous Improvement activities is desirable
- Complete other tasks that might be reasonably requested.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Must have extensive previous experience in System Test Engineering for a manufacturing company.
- Experience of specifying ATE (desirable).
- BEng or equivalent in electronics engineering or related subject.
- Experience of manufacture of Oil and Gas related electronic / mechanical assemblies (desirable).
- Experience of manufacturing within an ISO9001 approved company.
- Competent with Microsoft Office programmes, especially MS Word, Excel & Project.