Expro Group are currently recruiting for a Finite Element Analysis (FEA) Specialist to join their Wireless Wells Solutions (WWS) product line team based in Ringwood, Hampshire.
The purpose of the technical specialist role at WWS is to evaluate and model the client’s well data to determine suitability of Expro’s CaTS downhole wireless technology. This analysis is performed using a physics based modelling package and provides the WWS business a Go/No-Go decision for pursuing a revenue generating opportunity.
The inside sales team package a technical solution based on this information confirming how the client’s downhole monitoring objectives will be met. The role also includes developing a system performance database for all deployed systems and to verify the predicted results against the model. Refinement and continuous improvement of the FEMA model is also required.
This position is ideal for a Physics graduate looking for an interesting career opportunity.
- To carry out system performance predictions for Expro’s products for commercial operations by analytical and finite element modelling.
- Define the technical solution for downhole gauge battery pack configurations to meet the clients monitoring objectives in terms of system longevity and SRO data rates.
- Support the operations team with critical system re-modelling requests as part of our live global onsite operations.
- To correlate performance predictions with results from field operations to enable continuous improvement of modelling output.
- Carry out peer reviews of performance predictions as part of our internal quality process.
- Update and maintain system performance database including modelling vs actual signal communications results.
- Assist Inside Sales with proposal and tender support.
- Working with the WWS Inside sales and technology team to deliver the WWS revenue budget.
- To provide out of hours on-call support as and when the business requires to meet urgent operational requests and problem solving.
- Be a thorough leader and ambassador for WWS business unit and wireless downhole technology.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Must have strong physics and math skills to drive physics based modelling software.
- Graduate with a physics or engineering based background.