Do you want to pioneer science and improve food and health for more than 1 billion people every day?
At Chr. Hansen, we work to improve food and health and our natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1 billion people every day.
Our success is built on more than 140 years of innovation and a commitment to ensure the wider adoption of natural ingredients. This allows us to expand innovations into new areas, and to continue working towards a better world. As a global market leader in bioscience, we have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living and sustainable agriculture – and we need the brightest and most passionate people on board to succeed. Want to join us?
A career with Chr. Hansen
Joining Chr. Hansen is your opportunity to make a meaningful difference while taking part in pioneering science. Our founder, Christian D. A. Hansen, was a true entrepreneur and that mentality is still very present and valued today as we look for new talent to strengthen our team. We value people who can come up with new ideas and who want to form their own work practice and methods.
We believe that engagement matters, and therefore we strive to make an optimal environment for development by promoting a collaborative culture with the passion to make a difference.
About the position / Who are we looking for
In a team of 3 people, your main mission will be:
• To develop new formulated colors that meet the specific criteria of our customers for our target industries in close collaboration with application experts
- conduct and manage laboratory and pilot experiments
- establish robust protocols to validate the stability and industrial feasibility of all colors developed
- Develop detailed product specifications (formulation + process, finished products, raw materials and ingredients
- prepare reports and presentations
- guarantee the implementation of new recipes and new processes
- manage the deadlines
• Participate in technical projects of the Global Expert Center in liaison with the group's other application centers, Marketing teams and R & D.
• Participate in the construction of the emulsion/formulation expertise plateform on the site
- Conduct projects to study the interaction of emulsions with food matrices of our applications (aromas, hydrocolloids ...)
- Being strong proposal for long-term projects to be driven by global R & D
- Manage as Project Manager specific strategic industrial projects
- Evaluate and critically interpret the results
- Propose ideas to deepen, verify or expand the investigations following the analysis of the results.
Chemical or Food Engineer, you have experience in a similar position from 2 to 5 years.
You have solid knowledge in the formulation of compounds, mixtures in the field of the ingredients and technologies used (pigments, stabilizer, emulsifiers, antioxidants, emulsion, homogenization, ...).
Good knowledge of agri-food industrial processes, formulation, applications and food matrices, as well as analytical and chemical technical skills will enable you to succeed in this position.
Rigorous, curious and with a critical sense
English and computer skills.
Working at Chr. Hansen enables you to take part in continuously pioneering science.
Since 1847, we have been at the forefront of innovation allowing us to continuously expand into new areas of improvement. Our business is built on sustainable principles of using nature’s own resources, and we want to keep moving the frontier. We offer the best opportunities for both personal and professional development through our global mentor program and our superior technological platforms.
Read more about a career at Chr. Hansen here: https://www.chr-hansen.com/en/career