Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
We are currently looking for a Senior Agile Project Manager (m/f/d) to join our Springer Nature Digital team in Berlin.
At Springer Nature, it’s the PM who makes it all hang together. Building top-notch, ingeniously simple products is difficult and our PMs are the ones who know how to harness the talents of the amazing people in their team to make that happen.
The way we do business
We build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously, so you’ll be able to see new work go live to over four million visitors around the globe every week. Our flavor of agile has been heavily influenced by Scrum, XP and Kanban, and if something isn’t working, we change it.
Our work delivers value to both the business and our customers, our teams are cross-discipline: business analysts and the user experience specialists work with partners to coordinate research and understand requirements, whilst our frontend developers and software engineers pair with quality analysts to develop the most robust solutions, and our platform engineers work across the organisation to ensure our infrastructure never lets us down.
We generally follow a mix of agile and lean practices with an overall philosophy towards continuous delivery. We’ll rely on each and everyone´s expertise to adapt and improve these processes to serve the team, project and company as best fits their current contexts.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborating with the Product Owner, UX, BA and Tech Lead to create clear user-focused goals and aligning the team around them
- Acting as the facilitator to the team, scheduling and supporting stand-ups, iteration reviews, retrospectives and planning activities.
- Fostering team spirit and collaboration and developing a high performing, empowered team with a clear purpose
- Providing support and input to all aspects of the product lifecycle – from product definition, technical decisions and user experience through to marketing and sales
- Mentoring the team on agile and lean principles if needed. Help us all learn, share and improve how to run our projects better every single day.
- Leading one of our co-located cross-functional teams to continuously deliver for our portfolio of projects and products.
- You’ll sustain our culture of continuous improvement both from a process and technical perspective ensuring that working software is delivered frequently, engineering quality is upheld, customer issues are addressed quickly and that the communication and collaboration is effective.
- You have significant industry experience in a leadership role on a variety of software projects.
- You have prior experience working on agile projects, or a very strong demonstrable understanding of Agile Software Development process.
- Even if you’ve not worked in a hands-on technical role in a previous life you can hold your own in technical discussions with a team and clearly communicate the situation.
- You’ve run at least 3 projects or release cycles as a Project Manager/Scrum Master, preferably with a small co-located team.
- You’ve got a track-record of successful projects (and a corresponding collection of lessons learned from them).
- You can give us a long list of improvements that you’ve been responsible for in the way your current team works.
So what do we offer?
- A healthy work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging work
- A positive environment
- Enthusiastic, supportive colleagues
- Further development to help you progress your career
- Flexible hours, a 37 hour week and 30 days annual leave
- Book discount of 15-40%
- Discounted public transport
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognise the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Which steps can you expect from our application process?
- If your CV looks promising, we’ll contact you for an initial phone interview – that will give you a chance to know some of our team, align expectations and understand your motivation.
- In-person interview – an assessment will take place, you will get to know your future colleagues, the working environment and Springer Nature’s projects