Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Purpose of Role:
To lead one or more co-located, cross functional teams to continuously deliver for our portfolio of projects and products.
- Ensure the team are able to reach sensible decisions quickly and effectively, understand dependencies between your own teams and those of your peers with minimal stress
- Sustain our culture of continuous improvement both from a process and technical perspective ensuring that valuable software is delivered frequently
- Act as facilitator to the team, scheduling and supporting stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives and planning activities
- Fostering team spirit and collaboration and developing a high performing, empowered team with a clear purpose.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to report regularly and openly on the status of your projects and people to address needs and issues rapidly whilst helping us all learn, share and improve
- Improving internal processes including hiring, resourcing and project management
Skills / Knowledge:
- Project and programme planning and reporting
- Project scope control and backlog management
- Risk management
- Knowledge of technical processes and able to hold your own in technical discussions
- New product development and agile delivery experience
- Product development, release and maintenance experience
- Experience of continuous delivery or a frequent release cadence
- Experience with managing various key people (stakeholders) around the business
- Experience of working with offshore and near shore teams
- Experience of working with either off-shore or near-shore teams
- Great track record of successful projects and a corresponding collection of lessons you’ve learnt from them
- Experience of improving how your teams are working
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations.
Please inform your manager if you are an internal candidate making an application for this role.
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognise the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.