Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer (f/m) to join our growing global UX team at Springer Nature.
The role will be focused on supporting the E-commerce and Communications Domain and is based in Berlin. You’ll also work with colleagues in London and other German offices. The domain is made up of multiple multi-disciplinary product teams. You’ll join these teams in being responsible for driving a more user-focused, consistent, and enriched sales and communications experiences for both current and prospective global customers. This includes delivering across multiple publishing e-commerce workflows and sales, support and marketing communication channels.
As a number of legacy platforms also need to be replaced this is a real opportunity to enhance and shape the future of E-commerce and Communication products experiences and user journeys for Springer Nature.
Visit sndigital.springernature.com to learn more about who we are and what we do.
- Advocating our users and their needs: You will work with your team and stakeholders to capture and validate them in an effective and collaborative way
- Define and deliver global research, user journeys, and iterative design solutions to help shape and influence the product backlog(s) as well as the domain's longer term, prioritized roadmap
- Help the team continue to establish a more lean and iterative development approach and choose appropriate research and design methods and techniques to support this
- Collaboratively design, test, and develop solutions with your team
- Responsible for research throughout the life cycle of the project; our Research Lead will support you in designing and establishing a research programme to validate design decisions instead of designing through assumptions
- Have at least 5 years of experience in user experience design and research
- Have experience with lean and iterative design approaches and development cycles
- Are used to collaborating with different disciplines (e.g. Business Analysis, Developers, Product Management)
- Are organized, communicative and a team player
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and cover letter, stating your salary expectations and your earliest possible start date.
At Springer Nature, we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.