Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
We are currently looking for a Lead Quality Analyst (f/m) to join our Springer Nature Digital team in Berlin who can help the development teams build quality from ground up in all stages of delivering software. As a Lead QA (f/m) you are expected to be the enabler and influencer of quality for your team to bring the focus on quality to the forefront of development. Interaction and collaboration with different roles and teams are more valued than finding bugs or writing test scripts and documenting test cases.
In the context of our digital strategies, in Berlin, we develop new software and optimize our global platforms (e.g. Springer.com, Apress.com, Palgrave.com eCommerce, springernature.com, springerprofessional.de, medwirenews.com, springermedizin.de, kardiologie.org). Together with colleagues in London, Pune, and New York, we work to ensure that our customers enjoy access to individual content – every single day and from anywhere in the world. Our working philosophy is an agile and highly motivated embedded in a vital and dynamic publishing group.
Visit sndigital.springernature.com to learn more about who we are and what we do.
- Help to establish QA processes and workflows and mentor 2 QAs from Pune, making sure that quality is part of the development work from day one and bring on the quality mindset in every process of the team
- Be the quality champion: Plan, lead, visualize quality related activities and communicate them effectively in the team
- Do qualitative analysis: Thinking in a curious, critical, analytical way about UX research, BA findings, PM and the overall product and less of the “I must know all about the code and tests or I’m a failure”
- Be Collaborative: actively engage in all aspects of the team like getting them together for story level kickoffs, organize bug bashes, be involved in tech reviews, running retros, facilitating team discussions
- Be the explorer: Come up with ways to explore the product, finding gaps and improvements along the way
- Managing defects: Preventing them over finding and logging them as well as retrospecting them to come up with a plan for preventing it the next time
- Able to pair on writing a test, spot missing tests and be able to review them with the developers
- Understanding the tech architecture: Gain a thorough understanding of the tech architecture and be able to contribute on tech decisions
- Monitoring Production: Helping us look at the impact of releases when things go live
- Be an active member of the QA team, helping organize events/sharing sessions and participate in community meetings
- Be proactive in the QA space trying to discover new tools and techniques and share the knowledge with the QA team
- Experience with nonfunctional requirement testing e.g. security/performance/accessibility (Snyk, Speedcurve, Gatling, Pa11y)
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment, with multiple releases per day (Jenkins, Go, Github)
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (Grafana, New Relic, Kibana)
- Experience with APIs and ability to write functional tests around them (REST APIs, Postman, Insomnia)
- You have worked in a lean/agile/Kanban development process before
- Knowledgeable about test automation frameworks and understanding of the benefits of the test pyramid
- Previous experience mentoring and coaching cross-functional teams and junior QAs
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, messaging systems like rabbitmq and Docker would be an advantage
What we offer
- A permanent contract
- The opportunity for long-term career development in the world’s leading academic publishing group (If you are looking to work for a company that contributes something positive and meaningful to the world, then this could be what you’re looking for)
- Flexible working hours, a 37 hours week and 30 days annual leave
- Options to work from home
- Book discount of 15-40%
- Discounted public transport
If that sounds like your next step in your career we are happy to receive your application! To apply please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations and your earliest possible start date.
At Springer Nature, we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.