Springer Healthcare is a leading global medical communications and education provider. Working in partnership with pharmaceutical companies and key opinion leaders, Springer Healthcare develop bespoke content delivered via multichannel solutions, providing the essential tools to support healthcare professionals in achieving the best possible outcomes for patients.
Job Description: Medical Writer
To prepare manuscripts to submit in scientific/clinical journals in the way that satisfy client needs in terms of quality, timing and cost.
Team Leader, inScience Communications, Japan
- Project work
- To write and edit mauscripts, congress posters and slides either in English or Japanese, according to international guidelines, as well as client needs, deadline, budget and internal quality standards, as directed by the team leader.
- Business Planning/commercial
- To contribute to strategic publication plans and communications programmes, where appropriate or when requested from clients.
- To monitor own adherence to budget and utilisation rate.
- To record and monitor actual time spent on a project against budgeted time, and complete timesheets in an accurate and timely manner.
- To support team working principles and collaboration within the project management team in inScience communications, sales team in Springer Healthcare and wider inScience Communications group.
- Any other duties as requested by manager
Travelling and attendance at client meetings, new business pitches, scientific congresses and Advisory Boards, on an ad hoc basis, as required.
Life science degree
Good team working skill
Good skill to discuss with clients and authors, both in business and science.
Life science degree in pharmacy or medicine
Previous Work Experience:
>3 years as a researcher (eg. Post doc), writing experiences of own manuscripts.
>1 year in medical communications, pharmaceutical industry/healthcare, clinical research, or medical publishing