Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Purpose of the Role:
Ensure quality software is delivered according to specification and the correct procedures in line with technical and business objectives. Provide the technical expertise, technical guidance and technical centre of excellence in the use of core technologies of the team. Senior Software developers are expected to share knowledge with the team and coach junior developers.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks :
- Create web applications and services that offer the best experience to their users
- Share control in your team as to how to design and build your products
- Influence every step of the delivery process and take ownership for what you build
- Collaborate and work closely with analysts, designers, testers, operations, and product owners, in a diverse and informal environment
Skills / Experience Required:
- An experienced C# web developer using .NET Framework or .NET Core
- Experience of Angular / React would be beneficial
- Have knowledge of a variety of tools to help you in your work, such as automated testing, relational/NoSQL databases, and transport protocols
- Have a strong problem-solving mind-set
- Have experience of working in an agile environment, XP techniques, and Continuous Delivery
- Consider yourself a generalist and can pick the right tool for the job
- Enjoy working in Mac OS environments
- Believe in teams having both control over and responsibility for their applications
- Are passionate in your work and love to share your ideas with your team
- Keep up to date with technology trends and believe in life-long learning
- May have had experience of developing microservices deployed into the cloud
- Colleagues in cross-functional teams including Product Owner, Testers, Scrum Masters, Project Managers
- Architects and System Owners
- The Head of their Development Area
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.