Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
About our team:
At SNDigital we follow the lean/continuous delivery model of delivering software. We release software multiple times a day. A QA at Springer Nature is the enabler of quality who brings the critical eye to each aspect of the cross functional delivery team. We work closely with the team to instill quality practices that help us deliver quality products every day. Interaction and collaboration with different roles and teams is more valued than finding bugs or writing test scripts and documenting test cases and charters.
When working within teams you will have the autonomy and flexibility to manage QA your way using the tools and practices you think are best suited. You will also be a part of a global QA community working across London, Pune, Berlin. We are looking for people who constantly look for things to learn and believe in sharing and helping others grow.
What you will be doing:
· Mentoring and coaching your team to make sure quality is part of the development work from day one bring in the quality mindset in every process of the team
· Being the team player to get them together for story level kickoffs, organize bug bashes, be involved in tech reviews.
· Plan, lead, visualize quality related activities and communicate them effectively in the team.
· Find missing gaps in software/ processes/ communication of a team by thinking in a curious, critical, analytical way UX, BA, PM to improve over all quality.
· Help the team analyze metrics and failures. Be able to figure out patterns in them to prevent/ be alerted of such occurrences
· Able to pair on writing a test, spot missing tests and be able to review them with the developers.
· Able to think about preventing defects over finding and logging them
· Able to gain a thorough understanding of the tech architecture and be able to contribute on tech decisions.
· Help your QA colleagues grow by organizing events/sharing sessions of tools and techniques in the QA space
· Experience with Non functional requirement testing e.g. security/performance/accessibility and monitoring with continuous releases
· Experience working in a CI/CD environment, with multiple releases per day
· You have worked in a lean/Kanban development process before
· Knowledgeable about test automation frameworks and understanding of the benefits of test pyramid
· Previous experience mentoring and coaching cross functional teams and junior QAs
Which steps can you expect from our application process?
1. If your CV looks promising, we’ll contact you for an initial phone interview – that will give you a chance to know some members of our team, set shared expectations and it will help us understand your motivation.
2. We’ll then send you a test that you can complete in your own time
3. In-person interview – pair programming will take place, you will get to know your future colleagues, the working environment and Springer Nature’s projects
So what do we offer?
· A healthy work/life balance
· Interesting and challenging work
· A positive environment
· Enthusiastic, supportive colleagues
· Further development to help you progress your career
· Flexible hours, a 37 hour week and 30 days annual leave
· Book discount of 15-40%
· Discounted public transport
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Working Hours: Full-time
Company and Location: Springer Nature AG & Co. KGaA, Berlin
Excited by the prospect of joining us? We are looking forward to your online application in English!
To find out more information about our organization please take a look at www.springer.com and springernature.com.