Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Position: Editorial Assistant
Location: Beijing, China
Reporting line: Report to Senior Editor, Physics & Astronomy at Springer Beijing Office
Practice: All functions and duties assigned are to be carried out in a professional manner and must be in line with the company policies and image.
Functions & Duties:
Editorial Assistant assists the editors in the administration of all aspects of publishing related operations, including but not limited to planning, acquiring, managing, producing, marketing book and journal projects. The responsibilities are:
- To assist the editors to manage the publishing projects. Publishing projects include books, journals and electronic publications.
- To enter data into various database systems and maintain the project information throughout the publishing process.
- To assist the editors to communicate with book/journal authors, reviewers or partners.
- To work with other in-house teams to coordinate the editorial, production and promotional activities.
- To support the editors to prepare and manage their traveling and meetings, handle phone calls and emails delegated by the editors.
- To prepare reports, presentations and minutes as requested by the editors.
- To carry out other job functions as required by the editorial team.
- Bachelor degree or above, preferably with a science background.
- Previous working experience in STM publishing industry is preferable.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proven mastery of Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Positive attitude, strong organizational skills, detail oriented and capable of handling multiple priorities.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good team player.